Acer a315-23 disable ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer a315-23 disable ram

Hello friends, how are you? I need your help again, I have an acer notebook (board - DAZ8EMB18A0) that does not post, after analyzing and finding the problem in the onboard memories, is there any way to disable this memory to start? I searched all over the web but I didn't find a way to do this, does anyone know how to help me with this procedure?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-02-2022, 11:40 AM. Reason: copied external images to badcaps

Re: Acer a315-23 disable ram

Do you have schematic+boardview for this motherboard?? Without them its next to impossible to get the job done.

Comment

I have an almost identical model, but I'm not yet fully experienced to understand where I should change the board components to be able to disable memory
      Attached Files

Comment

ID0/ID1/ID2/ID3-all needs to be pulled to "1". Mention which ram you have onboard. The pic is not very clear. Post only the RAM ID box which can be viewed properly.

Comment

You must remove R730 R385 R732 R376 if you have any of these resistors. You must have these resistors on your board R763 R392 R731 R389.

Comment

hello friends, follow pictures of the memories on the board, which would be the resistors to remove?
            Attached Files

Comment

the memories have the serigraphy erased but they are SMART BRAZIL modules

but i would like to disable them.
              Attached Files

Comment

I've already mentioned in post#2 that its impossible to findout the desired resistors unless boardview file is available.

Comment

I only have the schematic, the boardview only found in paid forums

code: DA0Z8EMB8C0 is the same board.

Comment

Its almost not possible without a boardview.

Comment

Hello friend! I got the boardview and also made some approximate images of the board, but I still don't know what the next step is, if it is to remove, change or add components?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Try shifting R376 to R389 & R730 to R763

Comment

Not very sure as "Smart Brazil" chip is not even listed in bios. Before shifting take close up photos so that you can revert back to original layout if doesnt works.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                            Not very sure as "Smart Brazil" chip is not even listed in bios. Before shifting take close up photos so that you can revert back to original layout if doesnt works.
                            The original RAM has probably been replaced with the "smart" ones from an SO-DIMM and the SPD info hasn`t been edited into the bios.There`s no datasheet available for the ram , https://smartmodular.com.br/en/modulos-de-memoria-dram/
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

@smdflea,Perhaps shifting resistors to sodimm only should work even if your doubt is true.Do you too think so or have a different opinion??

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMG View Post
                                Hello friends, how are you? I need your help again, I have an acer notebook (board - DAZ8EMB18A0) that does not post, after analyzing and finding the problem in the onboard memories, is there any way to disable this memory to start? I searched all over the web but I didn't find a way to do this, does anyone know how to help me with this procedure?
                                upload original bios files i will try to fix you bios to use external memory slot without remove any component from the board

Comment

This is original file from acer product page.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=9
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-07-2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrwab View Post
                                    upload original bios files i will try to fix you bios to use external memory slot without remove any component from the board
                                    Can you explain how you disable onboard ram with bios editing?? I too want to know this technique.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                      @smdflea,Perhaps shifting resistors to sodimm only should work even if your doubt is true.Do you too think so or have a different opinion??
                                      The RAM that "SMART Modular" make has these chips - samsung, micron or hynix .Shifting the resistors to the other 3 option might make them work,i don`t know
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-08-2022, 11:41 PM.
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by mrwab View Post
                                        How, do you use AMIBCP .

EDIT: sorry its an Insyde bios,do you use H2OEZE and ifrextract or just a hex editor
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-08-2022, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X