Acer E5-573g weird behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer E5-573g weird behaviour

Hello, i have in hands: E5-573g mb code: da0zrtmb6d0 rev D and it works weird:

When i plug the ac adapter to the wall socket and then plugging in dc jack to the laptop - laptop is clicking and doesnt turning on.
    Weird thing is that when i first plug the dc jack into laptop and then plug the power cord to the wall socket - laptop turning on but doesnt charging battery - showing in windows "battery charging" but even after 24hours connected, battery is still 0%.

I replaced the charger - no effects - same behaviour,
    i' ve changed the battery and still same thing.
    Another information is that if give voltage on battery socket - around 14volts to pins - laptop is turning on normally too.
    What should i check?

Re: Acer E5-573g weird behaviour

Chek the dcin mosfets for short

Comment

Battery charging mosfets and dcin mosfets checked - ok
      another behaviour noticed: when i plug the dc jack into laptop, then to the wall socket diode showing charging - orange and in this situation voltage on battery charging coil is around 8.4v but when i turn on laptop, this voltage dropped to 2.4 v and staying this level

Comment

Measure voltage on both DC-in Mosfets gate(PIN4).

Comment

On the 1st mosfet there is 9.4v on gate, on the second mosfet(another side of board) there is 19v on gate. - measured in situation when i plug the dcin jack first and then to the wall (laptop showing orange light but not charging - 8.4v on charging coil - after 10hours battery charged around 0.05v - if it can be named as charged).

Comment

Another thing: i desoldered PQ55: IMD2AT108 and after this laptop turning on and showing charging even if i first plug charger in to wall socket and then into laptop but issues with charging still are there - 8.4v on charging coil, when i turn on laptop - 2.4v on this coil.
            Under thermal camera nothing getting really hot, when i checked it with "clicking sound" - just 1st mosfet and PQ55 were pulsating but still not really hot - around 25 celsius.

Comment

Working...
            X