Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideapad 320-15ISK model 80XH, no picture, no fan spin, pwrbtn on, charge led on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideapad 320-15ISK model 80XH, no picture, no fan spin, pwrbtn on, charge led on!

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I registered because I have a problem with my laptop.
    It was recently acquired, broken, not working. First when I plug the charger, the charging light was amber, the led next to novo buton was white and the power button was on (led white). I measured de voltage at the battery plug and it was rising, after a while the charging light turn to white. No picture, no fan spinning, no backlight.First issue, with charger plugged in, the power button won't turn off(light). Only battery, the power button light is turning off when I press long. I did measure voltage on various point and I get something like this:
    PL1401-0v, PL801-0v, PL802-0v, Bios (25B64csig) pin1 3.38v, pin2 3.37v, pin3 3.38v, pin4 0v, pin5 0v, pin6 0v, pin7 3.38v, pin8 3.38v, PL302-0.82v, PL1001, 1003,1002-0v, PL402-5v, PL401-3.3v, PJ401,PJ405-20v PJ404-3.38v
    On the back I found:
    PL501-1.21v, PL500, PJ501-1.00v, PJ500-5v, PJ502,PJ510-3.38v, PJ503-2.5v, PJ511-1.79v, PJ504-0.6v, PJ506-20v
    All voltage measured without battery, with charger plugged in. From the schematic page 50 i understand that I get left side, first two up in the middle and last three bottom left power source working. What I have not working are the 4 power source form the middle bottom. On the KB connector I have pin 1 and 30-3.3v.
    What do you think, it is possible to have the EC cip IT8586e-fxa broken, or a power issue.
    Sorry for my long post, thank you!

Re: Ideapad 320-15ISK model 80XH, no picture, no fan spin, pwrbtn on, charge led on!

I don't have the schematics to know which is PL801 , etc but it looks that you have some basic voltages. Did you try to reflash the BIOS?

Comment

Re: Ideapad 320-15ISK model 80XH, no picture, no fan spin, pwrbtn on, charge led on!

Remove the battery.

Post the voltage readings with the adapter for the first 2 mosfets.

Do you see the adapter voltage after the first 2 mosfets ?

if not, post the voltages on each pin on the charger IC BQ24780 (PU301).

Confirm that PU401 is ON and supplying the +3 always ON rail. Often, this part is damaged.

Check this rail @ pin # 2 of the inductor PL401.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mon2; 02-12-2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you! With charger plugged i have the 3.3 and 5v on pl401 and pl402. I downloaded the schematics and I know where to look. If I put only battery i can make the power button to get on and off, but with charger it stays only on, no matter how long i press the power button. On the motherboard i don't see any mark's of burned components, i think i should see what power consumption i have on the charger plug. Maybe i have some short-circuit on the mainboard and the EC is not powering the last PU for core cpu, gpu and memory.
        Last edited by ArchangelGabriel; 02-13-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Often the areas to inspect are the first 2 mosfets of the charger IC.

Remove the battery for now. Remove the power adapter.

Meter in resistance mode (2k scale is OK).

Check & post the resistance measurements for:

source (1-2-3) & drain (5-6-7-8)
          source (1-2-3) & gate (4)
          gate (4) & drain (5-6-7-8)

Do this for PQ311 and then PQ312. You may have a damaged mosfet which is just acting like a closed switch and therefore remaining always ON.

If you read a low resistance for the above, then that mosfet is a suspect and will need to be checked out of circuit (remove it and check the resistance values again). Most likely will be damaged and needs to be replaced.

Aliexpress is the best source for such parts but often the mosfets can be replaced with other compatible ones from Arrow / Mouser / Digikey / RS Electronics online stores.

Comment

I will do it, thank's!

Comment

I dont think there is any problem in dc-in fets as he is getting +3 & +5V on coils. Without schematic we really dont know what is avlbl and what is missing. Please mention the markings on the mb and attach schematic here.

Comment

NM-B242
                DG421 DG521 DG721 rev 1.0
                I've checked the PQ311 and PQ312, each transistor have G to S and G to D OL and S to D and D to S one way OL and the other way I get the resistance of internal diode. There is no short-circuit on the fets.

Comment

Where is ok i have the specified voltage.
                  Attached Files

Comment

FBVDDQ_PWR_EN Present??

Comment

I suppose this is a signal generated by EC? I will check all the signals from and to EC. How do i start the mainboard, on battery, but without the keyboard, the pwrbtn is integrated in keyboard, flat ribbon cable 34pin, should i pull the coresponding pin on/off to gnd to start the motherboard, release, then do EC pin signal measurements? I know, it's noob question, sorry. Thanks!

Comment

This signal is tied with DGPU_PWROK & FB_GC6_EN. Graphics chip generates FB_GC6.Pu801 generates DGPU_PWROK.

Comment

Hi! I was away from the bench, now back in business. So, mcplslg123, I should search at PU801 to see if is outputting DGPU-PWROK? Then I should search at the graphic chip if it is outputting FB_GC6_EN and then if both is ok where I should search for FBVDDQ_PWR_EN?
                          Thank you!

Comment

Hi, on the power-on sequence on page 47 it is specified a PU904 . I could not find it on the mainboard, maybe a typo, should be PU401 and PU402? I measured all the pin on EC and I have a bunch of voltage, all measured with PWR-BTN ON , what should I compare, for instance I have 0 V on pin 33 which is tied to a resistor of 7.14MOhm at 5V, on pin 35 I have 0,44V, DPWROK_EC, I think it should be 3.3V for the PCH and so on. On KB connector on mainboard side I have 3.3V on pin 1, on pin 31 I have 3.3V, when I short this pin to ground I can cycle between ON and OFF. Pin 110 stays at 3.3V no mater what I do on. Any help please.

Comment

Short update, I've searched on the mainboard for U13, it's switching from+3alw and +5alw to +3 and +5 vs, no output, susp# is missing, after i made some short from susp# pin on EC to 3.3V the fan start spining and the CPU and GPU is warming up. I will put the heat pipe on place and further investigate.

Comment

Houston, we have lift off! I have bios screen, but on HDMI port. So, what do you think, EC rewrite, EC and BIOS rewrite? What signal sould I check so I can have backlight and image on laptop display?

Comment

Everything seems to be alright, I put a small wire from 3.3alw to susp# pin at load switch, I connected the keyboard, I have button ON/OFF working, Caps Lock, Num Lock working, laptop display working, I have bios screen, I have setup screen, if I insert usb stick with operating system the setup works. Time to put it together, with that wire in place. Weird malfunction! Thank you!

Comment

But perhaps there will be issues as SUSP# will rise after switching and since you are pulling it from +3V ALW rail, when you will shutdown,this signal will remain on and hence your +3VS/+5VS will remain on. So fan will keep spinning,hdd/odd/pch etc all will remained powered even after shutdown. Verify it first before assembling it back.

Comment

I tried and the fan is stop spinning, hdd the same. Anyway I will extensively test before putting back together.

Comment

Going by your observation, +3V ALW is suspended on this platform-So no issues perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                                        X