No announcement yet.

Lenovo 330s-15ikb ram disable onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onboard ram disable laptop motherboard #repairing #bios #engineering (youtube.com)

Also check this one:

https://youtu.be/fhAfgS9KNNs

and

How to disable onboard RAM Memory on your laptop - Coming on with no picture? This can be a reason (youtube.com)
    Last edited by mon2; 12-22-2023, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post

how?
      01.Open your bios dump in hex editor. Press Ctrl+F,search for 2311 in Hex value,press search all.
      02.Go to bottom of the search window and you'll see 13 similar looking rows.
      03.Double Click on the last row among similar looking rows
      04.Click at the beginning of OFFSET 23 11,press Ctrl+E,select length 200 and click ok.
      05.Note down the end offset(DE2288) and right click on it,select copy offset.
      06.Now double click on the 1st similar looking rows.
      07.Click at the beginning of offset 2311,press Ctrl+E, and put the end offset (DE2288) and press ok.
      08.Click "fFill selection" and just press ok and save the file. Flash this Bios

That will zero fill all the onbaord ram data.

I hope i've detailed the process to the best of my abilities as i see lot of members are struggling with this issue.

Hope this will help a lot of members.

PS: The process is 100% correct as i myself has tested it. Be careful while going thru all the steps. may take a couple of attempts to get success in the beginning.

DONT EXPECT ANY SUPPORT FROM ME FOR EDITING YOUR BIOS.

Comment

• ktmmotocross
        ktmmotocross commented
        Editing a comment
        its for all lenovos or for all laptops ?
        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 12-23-2023, 09:43 AM.

mon2, its useless to watch those Youtube videos as they dont reveal the process and rather see a business oppurtunity in editing the bios. Unfortunate but bitter truth.

Comment

The process of onboard ram disable is same for all brands. Have tested this method on Lenovo and Asus so far and it worked in both the cases.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          The process of onboard ram disable is same for all brands. Have tested this method on Lenovo and Asus so far and it worked in both the cases.
          it will be great if u make some example guide. best on this bios example of mine 😁

i found 81 hits for 2311 but cannot find that "13 simmilar looking rows" over last 2311

Comment

• SMDFlea
            SMDFlea commented
            Editing a comment
            You wanna post a bios request you know where it goes,and its not here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ktmmotocross,Try selecting the block 783A00-7841CF AND ZERO FILL it. Not sure whether it'll work. This bios is different in structure.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            @ktmmotocross,Try selecting the block 783A00-7841CF AND ZERO FILL it. Not sure whether it'll work. This bios is different in structure.
            i managed to edit the bios by selecting the block 783a00-7841cf and filling them with zero. after flashing the laptop with the edited bios. it displays but will take like a minute for it to display. But i still see the size of the disable ram. how can i fix this.

Comment

ANY HELP PLS

Comment

Working...
              X