Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

I didn't take any pictures, but it looks just like the ones on the first page of this thread, posted by ablacon64.

Apply a small amount of solder to the motherboard and a little bit to each of the capacitors first. Then place on one capacitor at a time and apply heat to the legs of the capacitor. It solders in place quiet easily. Don't use huge amounts of heat, because the cpu socket is on the otherside.
    Last edited by image079; 01-09-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

hey guys.... Anyone try to install os after replaced 330 cap plug with chager

Comment

hi, I have a205 toshiba satellite i replace NEC/TOKIN 0E128 with 4pcs 330uf 4v tantalum caps and it works, thank you,,

more info

at first i mounted 3 330uf caps laptop works only in battery when i put the adapter my laptop automaticaly shutdown,, after i put another 330uf my laptop works with battery and adaptor,,

if you have problem with autoshutdown while installing OS after 4pcs 330uf mounted in your motherboard try to go to BIOS settings ADVANCED>
        Core Multi-Processing: ENABLE change it to "DISABLED"
        and Dynamic CPU Frequency modeYNAMIC change this to "ALWAYS LOW,",

after your OS installed without any problem change it back to default configuration
        Last edited by nichella14; 01-23-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryogadan View Post
          Hello to all.
          I followed the instructions of the post with excellent results (no more artefacts), but the notebook still shut down occasionally.

Best regard,
          Daniele
          I had same issue as yours, after replacing with 6 cap of 330 value. So I added 2 more cap of 330 and problem disappear so had total of 8 cap. Good luck !

Comment

On another note,
            I ripped my Acer Aspire 5735 apart today and guess what...........I found an NEC TOKIN OE907 sitting under the CPU. Laptop functions fine but for how long? I can't believe they're still using this POS.

Anyway, I will be keeping an eye out for broken down Acer Aspires that I can score for cheap, from now on.

Comment

gud day to all! Just found this site looking for some answers regarding my laptop its a toshiba satellite L355-s7900. It powers on then off, keeps on going like that. I took it apart and found that there's also a nec tokin 0E907 under the cpu socket.

I did try to follow some guides here to see if its going to work. I measured the cpu voltage and found out that its fluctuating from zero to .9 voltz and it doesn't stay on that. It gives random voltage reading.

I removed the tokin successfully and replace them with a different capacitor but it still won't give any display but the good thing is that its not turning off anymore, it stays on and the voltage stays on .9 voltz. I may have missed some steps here coz I've read that my processor needs to be on 1.070 to 1.175 voltz. .9 is low i think. Maybe I used the wrong capacitor. It says 330 e53 I don't know if its the right one, any advice will do thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                gud day to all! Just found this site looking for some answers regarding my laptop its a toshiba satellite L355-s7900. It powers on then off, keeps on going like that. I took it apart and found that there's also a nec tokin 0E907 under the cpu socket.

I did try to follow some guides here to see if its going to work. I measured the cpu voltage and found out that its fluctuating from zero to .9 voltz and it doesn't stay on that. It gives random voltage reading.

I removed the tokin successfully and replace them with a different capacitor but it still won't give any display but the good thing is that its not turning off anymore, it stays on and the voltage stays on .9 voltz. I may have missed some steps here coz I've read that my processor needs to be on 1.070 to 1.175 voltz. .9 is low i think. Maybe I used the wrong capacitor. It says 330 e53 I don't know if its the right one, any advice will do thanks a lot!
                Did you use just one capacitor? As others stated in the thread, you should use at least 3x 330uF capacitors! 0.9v does seem low.
                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

yes I used 4 caps same as the images shown. by the way I forgot to mention that one of the capacitor I placed is labeled 330 e58 instead of e53, does it have any effect on that? if the laptop stays ON using adapter does that mean I' m on the right track? tnx again for the help!

Comment

yes I used 4 caps same as the images shown. by the way I forgot to mention that one of the capacitor I placed is labeled 330 e58 instead of e53, does it have any effect on that? if the laptop stays ON using adapter does that mean I' m on the right track? tnx again for the help!
                    read Post #444 of this thread
                    a few members added more than 4caps to make it work

Comment

ok ill try this later and keep you guys posted. tnx again

Comment

i did one of these a while back and used 6 470@2.5v sm polys.
                        it worked with 4 but ripple was high.adding 2 more did the trick.
                        like desktop boards esr is most important.esp with the limited space.

Comment

Thanks.....

Comment

You know what guys.... You're all AWESOMELY GRATE!!! I fixed my laptop with no display just now using 6x 330uf e53 2.5v capacitor. It really did a great job after replacing that tokin.

To everyone...Thank you very much!
                            And also a big thanks to badcaps.net! cheers!

Sorry its a bit blurry, just used my old cellphone for this
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by lezsimply; 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

You know what guys.... You're all AWESOMELY GRATE!!! I fixed my laptop with no display just now using 6x 330uf e53 2.5v capacitor. It really did a great job after replacing that tokin.

To everyone...Thank you very much!
                              And also a big thanks to badcaps.net! cheers!

Sorry its a bit blurry, just used my old cellphone for this
                              I agree with the sentiments expressed above. Except I think you're great as opposed to a BBQ grill. I fixed an L300 thanks to the people who shared their skill and knowledge. Photo of successful (albeit untidy) job attached.
                              Attached Files

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25915

Comment

Guys, will it be ok to use 2 pcs 330uf and 3 pcs 220uf together?

Comment

Originally posted by fddizon View Post
                                    Guys, will it be ok to use 2 pcs 330uf and 3 pcs 220uf together?
                                    Mixing different values is ok. The total ESR value is the most important.

Comment

thanks rievax

Comment

Originally posted by unlockdev View Post
                                        I Hav toshiba L300 blinking power adapter i thinks the problem in the caps to cos i check the power mosfet ist oki ???
                                        check capacitors if shorted...look for shorted one...

Comment

Originally posted by lbslakmal View Post
                                          hey guys.... Anyone try to install os after replaced 330 cap plug with chager
                                          yesss..i also encounter that kinda..

Comment

Working...
                                          X