• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laptop battery charging circuit

Originally posted by dhan View Post
    Thank You for this informative thread
    Pls the charging IC bq736 hidrv and lowdrv give 1.3v
    I don't understand is it correct or it suppose to be 3v... The system am working on is hp 640

Comment

A question.

If laptop battery BMS is locked (there is not output voltage), and you bridge, force, output voltage (I know, it is not recommended and it is dangerous, this a theoretical question), would the laptop charge the battery?

Or put another way. If the battery BMS, through communications, tells the laptop that it is locked, would the laptop enable voltage for charging?

Comment

Originally posted by Liken View Post
        A question.

If laptop battery BMS is locked (there is not output voltage), and you bridge, force, output voltage (I know, it is not recommended and it is dangerous, this a theoretical question), would the laptop charge the battery?

Or put another way. If the battery BMS, through communications, tells the laptop that it is locked, would the laptop enable voltage for charging?
        No.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
          No.

OK.

It's just that I was thinking what would happen if you had a battery with a locked BMS or with a blown fuse, and, instead of bridging it, you put a regular 4S BMS (without comms) in parallel with the original. So the laptop communicates status with the original BMS while receiving power through the parallel BMS. But I understand that most, if not all, will refuse to enable charging.

Comment

How is this charging process related to EC / KBC? I think they keep communicating so they can charge. for example on the SMB0_DAT & SMB0_CLK pins in the battery socket, where these pins are connected directly to the KBC. There are times when the pin drops because of the KBC so the charging process doesn't occur, there are also times when you need to flash the KBC or replace the KBC so that the charging process occurs.

Comment

Working...
            X