Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer VX5-591G C5PM2 MB LA-E361P

Hello guys,
    I left my laptop for a few moments leaving my flat. When I come back I noticed my laptop is powered off. I am unable to turn it on. I have measured a voltage on PJP101 connector, it is about 19V. I have also checked PJP201 connector where after holding SW2 (when pressed battery is ON) the voltage is very low - about 0.13V. Could someone give me a hint what to do next?

Re: Acer VX5-591G C5PM2 MB LA-E361P

Do some basic stuff remove the battery/ Bios battery / power supply keep holding PWRBTN 10 sec and see if not Dissemble Check the voltage on PR304 +19V Schematic is available 3/5V at page 47 on the Coil Pl402/404

Comment

i got same problem but i am getting 3/5v at pr304+19v and also on the both coil but it is still not powering on

Comment

Please see the pinned posts "beginner guidelines" and "charger circuit" on the top of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by popal View Post
          i got same problem but i am getting 3/5v at pr304+19v and also on the both coil but it is still not powering on
          If I understand correctly, you get 19v on the current sensor, and 3 and 5 standby voltages. If that is the case, check the CMOS battery >3.0v, presence of power on EC and the flash, and 3.3v on the power button (and that it goes to 0 when it is pressed)

Comment

yes i did not not check the power botton since i dont have the power light or baterry light on

Comment

yes i did not not check the power botton since i dont have the power light or baterry light on
              That means the opposite of what you think. The LED control signals are inverse; which means that the LEDs are off either because there is no power, or because the GPIO pins of the EC are in the wrong state (as may be the case if it lost its internal flash contents). Do the checks.

Comment

thanks for reply
                there is power on on the middle led light but it doesnt turn on i will check the led light right now

Comment

y i am not getting 12v on the battery

Comment

The battery does not output voltage until its BI pin is shorted to ground (sheet 45 of the schematics). For this to work, the transistor PQ201 that controls it must be intact, and the CMOS battery must have sufficient voltage.

Comment

thanks man i changed the pq201 and now its showing the battery light flashing which means charging but the laptop not turning on any solution please

Comment

sorry the battery voltage for power is still 0.21v but the middle light is flashing when i put the dc power in.

Comment

sorry the battery voltage for power is still 0.21v but the middle light is flashing when i put the dc power in.
                          If you mean the CMOS battery is 0.21v, that is to be expected. If the transistor you replaced was shorted, then the CMOS battery would have drained. You need to replace it with a >3.0V one and then see if the main battery charges.

If you mean the main battery is 0.21v, then the battery is discharged beyond the safety threshold and its internal controller probably will not allow it to charge. Dealing with batteries requires skill and equipment; I do not advise doing it on something you care about because you will probably destroy the first one.

the laptop not turning on any solution please
                          In either case this is good time to go to the "charger circuit" tutorial.

Comment

jut wanna update i have 1.23v on power on button

Comment

jut wanna update i have 1.23v on power on button
                              That's not ok. It should be 3.3. Start testing LDOs and power rails.

Comment

hi to update on my laptop i pull up the pq306 and now i got 3.27v at the power on button and the mosfet is fine.

Comment

hi to update on my laptop i pull up the pq306 and now i got 3.27v at the power on button and the mosfet is fine.
                                  I hope you mean you replaced the mosfet and not just removed it. Powering up the board with a missing mosfet is dangerous.

What do you mean "the mosfet is fine"? Are you saying the mosfet that you pulled out shows ok on the tester?

Comment

yes that is what i wanna say

Comment

i am tired of this and can not give up ether.

Comment

yes that is what i wanna say
                                        Mosfets can fail in subtle ways. If with the new one the board works, then the old one has failed, even though it doesn't show shorts. Mosfets can fail to half-open and in other ways.

Now you should retest the power rails and see what happens when you try to power up the board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X