Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite L50-C-1VK / Motherboard DABLQMB16B0 Rev:B / Identify IC

Hello friends!

This laptop has short on the line of 3V3.

After visual check, I detected component in the photos melted, burnt, and shorted.

I could not identify, to the lack of scheme, which I looked for.

Some help?
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba Satellite L50-C-1VK / Motherboard DABLQMB16B0 Rev:B / Identify IC

That is actually a MOSFET similar to https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...efa9f251be.pdf

Usually those are used to conditionally pass 3V, 5V always/S5 Rails to VS/RUN rails after the power button is pressed. They are less likely to fail their own. My guess is something on the output side has short circuit/leak which caused the MOSFET to overheat and burn. Start removing the MOSFET and check in the output side first

Comment

Hello!
      It's not what I thought... pads are diferent...

Any tips?

Comment

Maybe 42RV ...?

Comment

Originally posted by prolixo View Post
          Hello!
          It's not what I thought... pads are diferent...

Any tips?

I have an HD image of your board and the pins seems to be matching with the MOSFET datasheet i have posted.

Comment

I have that mainboard here. The component as marked with 42CA 1N

Comment

Hi Cláudio!
              Nice.
              Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X