Dell Inspiron 3421 USB Port not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 3421 USB Port not working

Help me guys. I'm in stuck. Dell Inspiron 3421 USB ports are not working. Both USB2 & USB3.
    All other function is fully ok.
    The measurement on the following:
    Vcc= 5V
    D+= 3.3V
    D- =3.3V

I've replaced U6102 but still have the problem.
    The schematic is in the attachment.
    Thanks guys.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Inspiron 3421 USB Port not working

Bro u just change SLJ8E all problem will be solved,I got the same problem and I fix it today just changed SLJ8E

Comment

Originally posted by subroto View Post
      Help me guys. I'm in stuck. Dell Inspiron 3421 USB ports are not working. Both USB2 & USB3.
      All other function is fully ok.
      The measurement on the following:
      Vcc= 5V
      D+= 3.3V
      D- =3.3V

I've replaced U6102 but still have the problem.
      The schematic is in the attachment.
      Thanks guys.
      Hello friend, you solve your problem?
      I have the same issue and i need to solve.

Comment

@oziel1 - does the in internal usb webcam work ?

What are the voltages on the USB connector for each ?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
          @oziel1 - does the in internal usb webcam work ?

What are the voltages on the USB connector for each ?
          yes, the webcam works fine.

the voltage are the same in the ports: 5v

I'm new to board repair, sorry if I didn't give you any correct information.
          Last edited by oziel1; 07-05-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

1) Post the voltages on each D+ and D- pins of the USB connector. Do this for each port on this box.

2) You are unable to attach any USB device onto any of the ports and have them detected ? Are you running Windows or some other operating system? Does the Device Manager get busy once you dock a USB device onto the port ? Or sits there like a bump on a log ? Try assorted USB devices to be sure it is not your cable or single device.

Comment

Everything is very simple. If we enter the BIOS in DOS, it will connect any USB keyboard and it will not work. Then Intel PCH needs to be changed.
              Attached Files

Comment

1) Post the voltages on each D+ and D- pins of the USB connector. Do this for each port on this box.

2) You are unable to attach any USB device onto any of the ports and have them detected ? Are you running Windows or some other operating system? Does the Device Manager get busy once you dock a USB device onto the port ? Or sits there like a bump on a log ? Try assorted USB devices to be sure it is not your cable or single device.
                when I get home I send the measurements.

when I connect any usb it doesn't work, I've already put a mouse, a pen drive in all the ports and nothing

sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by andreynew1 View Post
                  Everything is very simple. If we enter the BIOS in DOS, it will connect any USB keyboard and it will not work. Then Intel PCH needs to be changed.
                  if the PCH is really bad, it wasn't for everything is bad?

I may be talking nonsense, I'm new in the area of electronic maintenance

Comment

What is the history of this computer? Was it working 100% and then just stopped working ?

It is strange that multiple ports are now defective.

Webcam works so the internal USB engine is working.

Perhaps some ESD transient that killed a port but having two damaged ports is quite strange.

Any liquid damage ?

You need to post more and full details - cannot guess each and every permutation.

Comment

Test the voltage on U6101 pin 4 USB_PWR_EN# .Are the USB`s enabled in bios settings
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

What is the history of this computer? Was it working 100% and then just stopped working ?

It is strange that multiple ports are now defective.

Webcam works so the internal USB engine is working.

Perhaps some ESD transient that killed a port but having two damaged ports is quite strange.

Any liquid damage ?

You need to post more and full details - cannot guess each and every permutation.

Hello again.
                        I'm going to test it now at night when I get home from work to know the D+ and D-.

this computer are used and i bought it, according to the person I negotiated with, it was a nephew who traveled and ended up leaving the equipment, which had been idle for a long time. first sight all ok but in home i noted the problem in usb ports, I tested it when I bought it but I didn't test everything (see usb ports) but otherwise everything is ok.
                        Notebook is very expensive here in Brazil and this was an opportunity I thought to buy to be able to study, but it's as they say here "cheap comes expensive".

Comment

D+ and D- in all usb ports are ranging from 0.2v to 0.5v.

all option of usb are enabled on the bios.

Comment

Originally posted by oziel1 View Post
                            D+ and D- in all usb ports are ranging from 0.2v to 0.5v.
                            Not OK. How about resistance to ground?
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                            Become a Badcaps supporter
                            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                            Thanks to all supporters.​
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
                            X