Hp probook 450 g4 - Don't Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp probook 450 g4 - Don't Charge

Hello my client tried to change the screen by himself, and he connected the cable incorrectly and burned the screen and the cable, i have change the screen and by a new cable and the notebook work fine, but they dont charge the battery, i have made this experience, i disconect the lcd cable from the board and notebook work and charge normaly, only when the lcd cable is plugged (only pluged on the board, not conneted to the lcd) they dont charge.
    My original cable have the refÂȘ dd0x83lc720, i by in aliexpress the refÂȘ dd0x83lc810 the dealer told me is the same, in the new cable the pins 11,15, 18, 31, 37 are the gnd but in boardview (HP ProBook 450 G4 X83.rar) the GND are diferent, any idea to bypass this problem.

DA0X83MB6H0, Rev F
    Model: X83
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Post the full details (pinout) of the original and replacement cables. No attachments were posted.

Comment

Hi, i don't have the original cable to compare, i only compare the gnd pins between the cable and board connector, the pins i refer in the cable (11,15, 18, 31, 37) are shunted
      In the connector the gnd pins are 12, 15, 18, 21, 31 and 34 different from the cable
      attach boardview.
      thanks

Link to schematic /Boardview https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...ematics-needed
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-03-2024, 04:09 PM. Reason: link to schematic & boardview

Comment

Which connector on the boardview file?

Comment

CN2
          The L23 near the lcd conector burned too, i have shunt. and image work again

Comment

Well noted. Thanks SMDFlea for the schematic links.

The CABLE_SIZE_DET (pin 11) defines the panel size and is shorted to ground.

The truth table for the panel size is as follows:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CABLE_SIZE_DET.png Views:	0 Size:	203.4 KB ID:	3246892
            Last edited by mon2; 04-03-2024, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Review the ADP_DET pin which for some kooky logic is also present on the LCD connector. This signal does function with the charger IC. Review the voltage to ground of ADP_DET with the LCD attached and again without the LCD connected. My hunch is on this signal.

Comment

Thanks for the help, is that why it dosen't charge?
                I covered the pin 11 in the cable with tape and dont't charge.
                The pin 37 is shorted to groud too, i put tape but still not charging,
                if i unplug the cable they charge the battery normaly, i don't understand why

Comment

Pin 37 must not be grounded. If it is grounded then the power adapter is deemed to be NOT OK. That is, ADP_DET signal = pin # 37 on the LCD connector must remain as a logic '1' on the charger IC (pin # 5). Confirm that your masking of the pin 37 is ok by checking the voltage on pin # 5 of the charger IC. If the masking is OK, then pin # 5 should be ~3v3 on the charger IC. Measure carefully so that the meter probe is not shorting any other nearby pin on the charger IC. It is strange that the vendor of the cable stated this cable to be compatible when it does not appear to be.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help, i will try to find another dealer and by another cable

Comment

If this is the only fault and you feel adventurous, consider to carefully cut a small piece of the pcb trace from this line that is between the charger ADP_DET and the lcd connector. Personally hate the black solder mask but if done correctly, you can attach it back with a small blob of solder.

Comment

I have put a piece of tape in pin 37 cable, is the same thing no?

Comment

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Measure the resistance from the charger IC ADP_DET pin to pin 37 on the lcd connector. With the tape, this test should not conduct.

Then power up and confirm the voltage to ground of ADP_DET at the charger IC.

Comment

i use pin 74 (ADP_DET) in the U13, because is the same side of the board (more easy to me) and i have 1kohm, voltage in pin 5 are 3,29v.

Comment

This is a good status on ADP_DET. Review the voltage to ground of pin # 6 on the charger IC (ACDET).

With this LCD cable connected, do you see normal graphics on the LCD?

Comment

With the cable connected the lcd work fine, only stop charging.
                                And if i connect only the cable the other side not connectd to the lcd and webcam, they stop charging too.
                                With the cable connectd they power on only with the battery connectd, with the power adapter the led blink 3 times and dont power on

Comment

Replace this cable. There is some other compatibility fault with this cable. You can inspect the contacts of the connectors. Can clean the contacts with a cotton swab and IPA (alcohol) but there is some fault here.

Comment

you are right, i dont want risk dameged the board with this cable.
                                    But this is the second cable i buy, and have the same grounded pins, i will try to find one with the same reference.
                                    Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                                    X