Lenovo T480s "AC adapter has a lower wattage"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo T480s "AC adapter has a lower wattage"

Hi, Lenovo T480s displays a message : The connected AC adapter has a lower wattage than the recommended AC adapter..."
    AC adapter is ok. Other power supplies with a power of at least 45W and more were connected without success. The message is the same. The battery is charged when the laptop is turned off. The laptop without a battery connected to the power supply does not start, the power button LED lights up 3 times and nothing else. I don't have a laptop yet, the power socket is USB-C, so I don't know what voltage the power supply supplies when connected to the laptop. There was a bios update but it didn't change anything. I hope that the issue is known and someone will help.

Not the same model but I got the same notification on several Thinkpad E580 after USB-C charging port replacement. Their battery were drained to 0 eventually charging was drawing a bit higher amps than usual, which "maybe" causing this notification to appear. In next couple of minutes notification disappears
    Did you try wait for at least 10 minutes to charge then reattach charger ?
    Last edited by tomodachi; 02-12-2024, 06:13 AM.

Comment

The battery was charged with the laptop turned off, so the problem does not disappear after 10 minutes or more. However, from your statement it appears that the cause of this message may be bad contacts in the connector, so it is worth checking whether the 20V voltage does not drop too much with higher current consumption. I will check when the laptop arrives.

Comment

Try flashing the thunderbolt controller
        I think that maybe your issue ..

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...rmware?t=82558

Comment

Working...
        X