dell lattitude 5310 2 in1 , short on 3d3v_S5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell lattitude 5310 2 in1 , short on 3d3v_S5

dell lattitude 5310 3d3v_S5 short to ground and power vcore cpu inductors short to ground what is my shorted component

i dont have bench power supply to injject

i attached the boardview for motherboard

[Mod. Edit] Do not attach schematics/BV here at Tech section please.
    If you want to add a schematic/BV, find an existing thread at Schematics requests sub-section to do it, or if such doesn't exist create a new one.

Boardview -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...39#post3209339

Reminder: rules and organization of this section
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117483
    Last edited by Vesko356; 02-03-2024, 01:25 AM. Reason: Attached boardview removed and replaced with link

Locate the 3V PWM Ic,download the datasheet and check resistance to GND on LDO pin.

Comment

My Power width modulation ic is SY8288BRAC-GP the silergy company hacve no datasheet

Comment

which pin is ldo , this is from boardview of motherboard schematic

Comment

pin 17 on SY8288BRAC-GP chip i get 29.2 ohms on the multimeter

Comment

Thats the 3V LDO line i was talking about. Since you dont have any device to inject voltage,it'll difficult to find out what is shorted. If you have a hot air station and good soldering iron with requisite skills,then you can try to de solder SIO as thats the most likely component.However, one cant be sure without voltage injection.

Comment

also the power ic is switching from 19v to 12v is this normal ? power charging ic

Comment

is the sio ship the bios chip or ec chip

Comment

where do i inject voltage and how much voltage and amps

Comment

In general, the lowest voltage used on the board o that if there is a leak then all parts should remain safe. As high current as available from your power supply used for injection. We use 0v8 and inject with a 20A or 30A injection tool from AliExpress. The idea is that this much current will cause the shorted part to heat up and smoke or crack open.

inject onto the line showing the very low resistance.

Comment

Inject 1V/5A on pin17

Comment

what is the maximum volt and amps to inject in this pin

Comment

are u sure its pin 17 there is no datasheet for this ic and the boardview says it is a nc pin

Comment

On post#4,it does shows that pin17 is LDO. Replying to post#12,everything was answered at post#11.I repeat 1V max with 5Amp.

Comment

just checking the charger IC ISL9538BHRTZ-T-GP , what should the DCIN pin voltage be ? mine is 1.482V

Comment

i inject 8v and 1.9amps into the 3d3v_s5 capacitor and the EC Chip is heating up quick ?? does that mean the EC IC is short or a capacitor?

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                  Thats the 3V LDO line i was talking about. Since you dont have any device to inject voltage,it'll difficult to find out what is shorted. If you have a hot air station and good soldering iron with requisite skills,then you can try to de solder SIO as thats the most likely component.However, one cant be sure without voltage injection.
                                  the EC chip is heatup with 8v 1.9amp injecting in the 3d3v_S5 capacitor circuit it is no near the EC chip, image added

the circle in white shows area is heating up with 8v injection on EC

Click image for larger version

Name:	board inject.png
Views:	86
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	3216243

Comment

is this the short or did i inject too much voltage and the ic will heat up too much viktage injection

Comment

Who suggested you to inject 8V? I advised to inject 1V

Comment

Originally posted by adin View Post
                                        i inject 8v and 1.9amps into the 3d3v_s5 capacitor and the EC Chip is heating up quick ?? does that mean the EC IC is short or a capacitor?
                                        The main issue here right now is that you did not read what was repeatedly advised and even worse you formed wrong conclusions caused by lack of experience. Example: A quick look at the actual physical location of Pin17 would have clarified instantly that it is tied to Pin16 by design. And from where the hell originated the idea to inject 8V into a power rail which is supposed to run with 3.3V max?

Now you likely don't deal with only a dead EC but also with a lot more dead components..
                                        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                        X