ASUS u31sd LAPTOP WILL NOT TURN ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS u31sd LAPTOP WILL NOT TURN ON

I found how to read this board look at the picture where I marked, see how one is PJ8800 and the other one is PJ8801? that's how you follow the voltage. You need to take a picture of the full board (both sides of course) and mark each one until the counting stops, you know PJ8802, PJ8803 and so on.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by opamp; 02-09-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Also ask the guy of the schematics for a refund or to get you the right schematic.

Comment

Remove the WIFI card before you take the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by opamp View Post
          I found how to read this board look at the picture where I marked, see how one is PJ8800 and the other one is PJ8801? that's how you follow the voltage. You need to take a picture of the full board (both sides of course) and mark each one until the counting stops, you know PJ8802, PJ8803 and so on.
          are you suppose to be checking voltage at these points
          Here's some more pictures of the MB
          Attached Files

Comment

Remove the WIFI card before you take the pictures.
            Here's a picture with the wireless card removed. I think the ic you guys were looking for was under the wireless card
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CR Designs View Post
              Here are the pictures,circled ones reading bad

those are smd capacitors...polarized along with the ones that look like mini coke cans....

polarized means it has negative and positive polarity.
              non polarized capacitors means there is no polarity.. you can put then in any way you like and won't hurt anything...polarized capacitors can only go in one way because of negative and positive polarity....

there are different packages they come in and a wide range of them too... and different materials there made with...
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a picture with the wireless card removed. I think the ic you guys were looking for was under the wireless card
                there is a good reason i said to remove heat sink and ribbon and tape etc and that's why.... before you take pictures...

Comment

Also ask the guy of the schematics for a refund or to get you the right schematic.
                  i agree

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                    lets check all your diodes, set your dmm to diode, put neg and positive probe on each side of smd package and it should get reading one way and 0 the other way when probe is switched....

if you get reading both ways you will need to desoldier it and retest on the table however remember to keep track of the markings and make absolute sure you put it back the same direction it came off .... mark where the line is so you don't put it back on backwards....

diodes let voltage go one way and not back the other way very much like a one way valve for water pump in your house....

here is a picture of what they look like and different packages they can come in and not to be mistaken for smd capacitors sometimes they kinda look like each other ....take a picture or the ones you already have and mark each one you tested so we can make sure your not testing the wrong thing.....
                    On post 167# you said check diodes , I assumed those were diodes by the pictures you posted. can you send pictures of what they look like on this MB or circle a thew on the pictures of MB already posted... Thanks I know what the larger ones on TV look like. this laptop stuff is all new

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                      those are smd capacitors...polarized along with the ones that look like mini coke cans....

polarized means it has negative and positive polarity.
                      non polarized capacitors means there is no polarity.. you can put then in any way you like and won't hurt anything...polarized capacitors can only go in one way because of negative and positive polarity....

there are different packages they come in and a wide range of them too... and different materials there made with...
                      and polarized capacitor are always marked with a white stripe or negative symbol to signify polarity....

Comment

On post 167# you said check diodes , I assumed those were diodes by the pictures you posted. can you send pictures of what they look like on this MB or circle a thew on the pictures of MB already posted... Thanks I know what the larger ones on TV look like. this laptop stuff is all new
                        there is a difference they look close i suppose but the legs and form factor is different....

Comment

are you suppose to be checking voltage at these points
                          Here's some more pictures of the MB

What do I do when the numbers stop?

Comment

Post the numbers on this IC and see if it has 3.3v. Start with the pins on the corners some should have always on voltage(3.3v).
                            Last edited by opamp; 02-09-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

What do I do when the numbers stop?
                              Mark them on a picture so we can get an idea how the voltage is distributed, you see these are multiple layered boards. That means if one part is next to the dc jack the following part could be on the opposite side of the board on the opposite corner , do you get the picture? you never know that's why a schematic is real important for these boards.

Comment

Post the numbers on this IC and see if it has 3.3v. Start with the pins on the corners some should have always on voltage(3.3v).
                                iTE
                                IT8572E
                                1123-AXA
                                DCEAOB

Do I put CPU and heat sink back on to check ic ?

Comment

What about the diode check. need to know what to look for.

Comment

No just don't power it up.

Comment

What about the diode check. need to know what to look for.
                                      I have marked a couple of diodes check the picture.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I have marked a couple of diodes check the picture.
                                        WOW those are small, about how many will be on MB ?

Comment

What should my meter settings be set for the ic?

Comment

Working...
                                          X