Compaq Presario F700 sound problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compaq Presario F700 sound problem

i need help about this with presario f700.There is no sound comes from speakers.And the strange is, that is no sound and game controlles in device maneger.i have been tried for the leatest drivers from hp web side but no result.i am runing windows 7.

Re: Compaq Presario F700 sound problem

Hello all, and sorry for bringing this old topic up, but I have an exact problem, with the very same laptop here. Laptop boots up with freshly installed Windows 7, but it doesn't show any sound controllers. Also DVD drive is not being recognized at all, and it has a strange video problem - when it boots into Windows OS, the screen turns off sometimes (and i can get it back to life only by turning off / turning on laptop), but not every time.

Motherboard Model: DA0AT1MB8H0 Rev: H.
    Chipset: MCP67MV A2 / 0808A2
    Audio chip: CX20561-127

Has anyone some experience with this laptop, and what would be the best solution, to fix all those problems? I suspect the fault is definitely on the motherboard.

Meanwhile, I will try to reflow the MCP67MV chip.

Comment

UPDATE: Reflow of MCP67MV-A2 north bridge chipset solved all problems completely. After a little research, I discovered that the problem with this exact chipset is very popular among many HP and Compaq laptops (including all the sympthoms i mentioned before). It certainly was a bad solder connection between this BGA chipset and the motherboard.

Comment

even in asus. this nvidia chipsets is very common problem, but reflow does not resolve problem for long therm. must reball

Comment

Working...
        X