Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp compaq cq60 keyboard and touchpad not working

hi
    i have an cq60 Intel warroir2 laptop motherboard,in windows usb keyboard is working,but internal keyboard is not working,and also touch pad is not working.
    tp on/off but changed led status on laptop.also if i pressed Fn + f7 or f8 ..brightness up down is working.things i have checked but (no luck) are following.
    1.Changed keyboard with new one.
    2.cleared cmos.
    3.Reset motherboard by pressing power btn without batt and power adapter .
    4.Traced keyboard tracks and remove all capacitor network rc1 to rc6.
    5.Replaced Winbond wpce773la with new one.
    6.i have checked bios by reprogramming with this file 360BF65.FD available on hp.
    7.checked some components around wpce733.

Please help in understanding what is gone wrong this motherboard .

i will be very much thankful .

Re: Hp compaq cq60 keyboard and touchpad not working

Clean the connector on the mobo.

Comment

Originally posted by b700029 View Post
      Clean the connector on the mobo.
      Thanks for replying.
      Connectors and connections looks good.and also if there was problem some keys are also working or touch pad must work.but both keyboard and touch pad are not working.
      Does anybody faces that problem in this or other laptop? please share the experience .i will be great full to you.

Comment

Had this problem last year, built-in keyboard and touchpad would not work and could not re-install the drivers. BUT it would work with USB keyboard and touchpad. IIRC it was an Acer laptop....

Ran SFC /scannow and dug through the log - found possible corruption error for one obscure file (wdf01000.sys in this case). I got a copy from another machine, had to futz with the permissions to do the replacement, and that took care of it.

/* edit Built-in keyboard would work during boot, just not with windows */

You may be at the point where OS reinstall is necessary. Good Luck.
        Last edited by magistertc; 09-01-2012, 05:43 AM. Reason: kb worked during boot

Comment

Originally posted by magistertc View Post
          Had this problem last year, built-in keyboard and touchpad would not work and could not re-install the drivers. BUT it would work with USB keyboard and touchpad. IIRC it was an Acer laptop....

Ran SFC /scannow and dug through the log - found possible corruption error for one obscure file (wdf01000.sys in this case). I got a copy from another machine, had to futz with the permissions to do the replacement, and that took care of it.

/* edit Built-in keyboard would work during boot, just not with windows */

You may be at the point where OS reinstall is necessary. Good Luck.
          Thanks for sharing this,but situation is little different here,i tried to enter cmos setup but i couldn't able to because internal keyboard is not working and usb were working at the time of windows ,not at POST .so i when i cleared cmos i even can't able to boot the laptop because of "cmos check sum error Press F1 or F10 to continue" message on POST. All this show that problem is in hardware but final cause is little far from us.

Comment

Originally posted by raj2006 View Post
            hi
            i have an cq60 Intel warroir2 laptop motherboard,in windows usb keyboard is working,but internal keyboard is not working,and also touch pad is not working.
            tp on/off but changed led status on laptop.also if i pressed Fn + f7 or f8 ..brightness up down is working.things i have checked but (no luck) are following.
            1.Changed keyboard with new one.
            2.cleared cmos.
            3.Reset motherboard by pressing power btn without batt and power adapter .
            4.Traced keyboard tracks and remove all capacitor network rc1 to rc6.
            5.Replaced Winbond wpce773la with new one.
            6.i have checked bios by reprogramming with this file 360BF65.FD available on hp.
            7.checked some components around wpce733.

Please help in understanding what is gone wrong this motherboard .

i will be very much thankful .

Hi
            Have you checked that the cmos battery is at aleast 3v?
            if yes do you have 3v at winbond ic also clk signal
            on those mb there are track breaks that you could easly un solder by mistake! you will need a schematic top go deep into this mb.

good luck

Comment

Working...
            X