Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BGA problem is not limited to laptops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The BGA problem is not limited to laptops!

I don't trust either reflowing or reballing, and the latter also costs money because i can't do it myself (yet). So, i stick to the hot air station for now.

This HTC Desire is really bad. Works as long as i'd like in the boot menu, but just won't work in normal mode or recovery mode, so i can't flash it either. It restarted at first, and later it just shuts down, vibrates 5 or 7 times and blinks the green LED. At first it worked in the freezer (hence pointing to something overheating, but i couldn't find what it is), now it just does the same thing whether warm or cold. Whatever. It's in great cosmetic shape tho, so i'll sell it for parts and get my money back. Can't always win in this business.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Found a really low priced mainboard from someone who's parting out 2 Desires with cracked screens - will go tomorrow and test it, see if i get lucky.
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Make sure the ESN is clean on the devices if theyre CDMA.

www.checkesnfree.com has been reliably correct for me for close to a year now.

The Inspire 4G is possibly the biggest PITA phone to work on in my opinion. I loathe them. Godspeed.
        Last edited by JohnLWG; 08-15-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Are you a spammer or has the thread title just slipped past you???

Comment

Dunno about the guy 2 posts above, but i feel obliged to post since i forgot to update - on the one i got it isn't the mainboard, instead it's the radio board - the one that has the two big flex cables going to the main, and has the camera on it and all that stuff. I found that one for cheap as well, but i had to leave town so i didn't get to buying it. Will be back in a couple weeks, right now enjoying my drinking.... erm, vacation.

OTOH, i have another one coming in with the issue i fixed before (ie random reboots in intensive apps, otherwise working fine), so keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker View Post
              Are you a spammer or has the thread title just slipped past you???
              How is that recommendation spamming? If he's buying two broken phones to get the boards from, I simply recommended he make sure they're usable in case he does a straight swap. I can't recall if his intention was to pull parts or do a straight swap, but it's solid advice either way I was just trying to be helpful.

Inspire 4G and desire logic boards sell for about 50 bucks with a good ESN.

Comment

[QUOTE=Th3_uN1Qu3;258907]Dunno about the guy 2 posts above, but i feel obliged to post since i forgot to update - on the one i got it isn't the mainboard, instead it's the radio board - the one that has the two big flex cables going to the main, QUOTE]

My mistake, Didnt realize your issue was with the upper board.

Comment

Working...
                X