Back to the Gateway MA6 M465-E again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the Gateway MA6 M465-E again

Ok, I have finally got through the pallet of Gateway MA1-MA7's that me and a friend got from a local recycler. I gat everthing working, minus some real bad scrap ones. Exept 6 MA6's that have no power what so ever. Most of the laptops I repaired were the faulty Jack issue, that only takes 20 minutes each to fix. But these have no power what so ever, and I have found little info on the MA6's online. I know that with the MA7's they have a Mosfet that controls the voltage the goes bad. I guess that my biggest problem is that I mad the rookie mistake of selling all of my working units without using them to troubleshoot these ones first. Now I have no voltage point information, and that is bad for a guy that has been doing electronics for 25 years.

Any ideas on the cause or location of failures on these would be great.

Re: Back to the Gateway MA6 M465-E again

Check for voltage on the diode Anode and Cathode. The jacks in Gateway can have a broken post right at the elbow bend that leads into the mobo. These are tricky finds, looks good but still broken. Usually the lead into the motherboard looks good, but no power there. Not a big difference between MA1-2-3-6-7 series DC IN.
    If it's hard to repair I can do it. If it's impossible, it may take me a while.

Comment

Re: Back to the Gateway MA6 M465-E again

Ya, I have had many of them. thoughs are an easy fix, but these are a no power what so ever, and I believe them to have a short to ground problem. Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Working...
      X