X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Flex 5-14ARE05 - bricked.

Hi Everyone,
    I have a Lenovo Flex 5 -14ARE05.
    The Esc and Caps Lock lights are on, black screen, fans kick in when required and the laptop charges.
    From what I have read on here these seem to be the same symptoms that others on here are getting therefore re flashing their bios to cure the problem.
    I have tried flashing my bios and a number of bios's from another thread on this site only to end up with exactly the same symptoms, nothing changes no matter which bios I flash.
    I am using the CH431A V1.7 which allows me to select 1.8v without an adapter. This I have also confirmed with a multimeter.
    My bios chip is a MX25U12873F and my logic board is a LC55-14A.
    Can anybody help me with this issue?
    Many thanks

Re: Lenovo Flex 5-14ARE05 - bricked.

Update,

Iv'e checked the inductors on the logic board and I am measuring the following voltages.
    12v, 5v, 3.3v, 1.2v, 0.8v.
    The CPU does get warm and the fan kicks in to cool it down again.
    I have also noticed that pressind Caps lock on / off does nothing, the light stays on.
    If I press FN + Space the Caps lock light goes off however I cannot get it to turn back on. FN + Esc toggles the ESC light on and off.

Thank you

Comment

Attach a USB mouse / USB thumbdrive with a LED onboard. Does the LED flicker during power on boot cycle? If yes, then it is possible the unit is booting and attempting to use the USB device.

Comment

I have does this. The light on the USB Flickers for about 6 seconds, then becomes on and stable. After a further second or so it starts to flicker again for around 2 seconds and then stays on. There is no more activity after this.

Thank you

Comment

I would have try an external screen, with and without LVDS connected

Comment

Thanks Mon2 and Koby however I have done both to no avail.
            I have bought a new chip and restored the original bios on to it. This also made no difference therefore my next step was to try a bios reinstall from USB.

This time the USB activity led flickers for about 5 minutes before turning off. Again though nothing changes after this either.

Thanks for your help an suggestions.

Comment

DRAMRST# status? Ram on board or via slot? What is the consumption on DC supply?

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys.
                Upon further inspection I found the tiniest corrosion on two of the pins on the EC chip. After cleaning I noted that both pins were no longer attached to the pads due to the corrosion.
                I jumpered both pins to their respective areas on the logic board and the laptop came back to life.

I restored the original bios so I have ther serial number and windows keys also.

Again thanks for all your suggestions and help.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X