X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Y540-17IRH

Lenovo Y540-17IRH FY715 NM-C542
    Motherboard FY715 NM-C542
    We have a overheating PU601 after broken power jack.
    And a missing diode component near the jack.
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo Y540-17IRH

PU601 could be faulty. Start by testing the inductors (PL602, PL601) for shorts including the LDO outputs (pin 3 and 13). It's also possible that any of the load connected the these output is faulty (or shorted).

Comment

Originally posted by memoslar View Post
      Y540-17IRH
      We have a overheating PU601 after broken power jack.
      Classic case - broken power jack = ID pin shorted to B+ = dead SIO. Replace the multicontroller and you're good to go. There's no need to be preprogrammed, buy a new one - at the first boot it'll program itself. That's it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
        Classic case - broken power jack = ID pin shorted to B+ = dead SIO. Replace the multicontroller and you're good to go. There's no need to be preprogrammed, buy a new one - at the first boot it'll program itself. That's it.

Should i replace pu601 and it8226e-192 both?

Comment

I upload a request in schematic but nothing yet . Does anyone have it?

Comment

Should i replace pu601 and it8226e-192 both?
            I don't think so, pu601 heats up because 3.3V LDO line is shorted by the SIO. Replacing only IT8226E-192 should be enough. You can measure the resistance in that line after unsoldering the SIO, if the resistance after that is OK - pu601 must be OK too.

Last edited by Vesko356; 06-30-2023, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Ok. I will replace it. I found also a broken small diode behind the jack which line is from id. What should i replace with? Is it necessary?

Comment

Ok. I will replace it. I found also a broken small diode behind the jack which line is from id. What should i replace with? Is it necessary?
                I don't have a schematic for this board to tell you for sure, I suppose it's a protection diode, but as you can see it did not save the multicontroller from damage, so you can live without it in my opinion.

Comment

@vesko356, are you sure this sio will program automatically on 1st boot?(of course the sio has to be blank).

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                    @vesko356, are you sure this sio will program automatically on 1st boot?(of course the sio has to be blank).
                    Yes, I'm sure.

Comment

Thanks for the info.Most of the lenovo's dont program SIO automatically on 1st boot. Thats why seeked confirmation.

Comment

I ordered a SIO chip. i will inform if it will program itself. When i removed i dont have short anymore in 3.3v

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                          Thanks for the info.Most of the lenovo's dont program SIO automatically on 1st boot. Thats why seeked confirmation.
                          You're welcome.

Comment

Guys it worked!! it programmed by itself. thank you very much all of you!

Comment

Working...
                            X