HP 9470m Not powering on with adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 9470m Not powering on with adapter

I have a hp folio 9470m that has a behavior that is hard for me to sort, when it was brought to me it was powering on but not charging the battery, on opening, I noticed it had been spilled with water long ago but wasn't cleaned so there was the white rust around the charging IC(i have tried to replace it but the behavior is same) area and u6600 ic, I carefully cleaned it but unfortunately, after cleaning it, it doesn't power on with the adapter any more but it does with the battery. When I plug in the adapter for the first 3 seconds the system gets 19v past the q6010 mosfet(which I have in fact replaced with a working one but hasn't solved the problem) but afterward, the voltage in front goes down to zero while the one behind remains at 19v. I have checked if there is any short I can't seem to find any, does anyone have a solution for this?

Re: HP 9470m Not powering on with adapter

Based on past experience, if a board is functioning but has suffered from liquid damage, refrain from cleaning it as it can only make the situation worse. Instead, concentrate on checking the charging circuit, including the charger, the charge controller, and the resistors.

Comment

Re: HP 9470m Not powering on with adapter

Which charging IC is used here. I think may be BQ24728/36. Confirm it .

Measure ACOK/ACDET/ACDRV/REGN/VCC of charging ic. What is the voltage on Drain/Source/Gate of dc-in mosfets? Measure resistance(ohms range) of dc-in mosfets betwween
      Source-Drain
      Source Gate
      Gate-Drain.

Comment

Check gate voltage of q6010 it should be around 6v. If not present then check for LDO (REGN) voltage at charging ic, if it's not present change the ic.

Comment

Working...
        X