Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air A1932 - Display cable questions

Hello,

After troubleshooting a water damaged A1932 and cleaning the logic board etc., I managed to get the laptop working for a while. However, it still had issues e.g. turning off all of a sudden or not turning on at all (20V, 0A).

After some troubleshooting, I found out that I need to disconnect-connect display to get the laptop to turn on again.

Therefore, I thought that maybe I still have some damage under the "display PCB" and started disconnecting it. During that, I found out that there is a damage on one of the ribbon connectors and I would likely need to replace the LCD.

Now to the interesting part - I tried turning on the laptop without the damaged connector connected (the one in red on picture) and the laptop works perfectly fine. The only thing that does not work anymore is the keyboard backlight.

Does anybody know what that connector in red is used for and is it related to keyboard backlight? I am just trying to figure out if I can safely leave it disconnected and continue using the laptop.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by relubine; 01-15-2023, 02:26 PM.

Re: Macbook Air A1932 - Display cable questions

Figured its the webcame

Comment

Working...
    X