Edit Service tag for Dell Wyse 5070 UEFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Service tag for Dell Wyse 5070 UEFI

Got a working Dell Wyse 5070, the Service Tag is 1234567 and want to change it (any trick to clear it), however due to UEFI (no support on CSM) tool SVCTAG.exe is not working. Read that new tool SmMfgCfg32/64.exe but it s2token.tbl and this tool is only made to be run / connect to Dells internal network.

A noob to modding bios, desoldered the main bios chip and had ch341a programmer to extract the bios.
    Phoenixtool v2.73 reports it is a Insyde bios
    Hope to get advice from those had experienced changing UEFI's Service Tag?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by forests_gump; 01-31-2022, 06:31 PM.

Re: Edit Service tag for Dell Wyse 5070 UEFI

Originally posted by forests_gump View Post
    Got a working Dell Wyse 5070, the Service Tag is 1234567 and want to change it (any trick to clear it), however due to UEFI (no support on CSM) tool SVCTAG.exe is not working. Read that new tool SmMfgCfg32/64.exe but it s2token.tbl and this tool is only made to be run / connect to Dells internal network.

A noob to modding bios, desoldered the main bios chip and had ch341a programmer to extract the bios.
    Phoenixtool v2.73 reports it is a Insyde bios
    Hope to get advice from those had experienced changing UEFI's Service Tag?

Hope is right
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

Hope is right
      thks hoaca388, also found these 2 as well ~ just wonder if Dell UEFI usually have the Service Tag in clear text, or hide in encrypted structure / other flash?
      Last edited by forests_gump; 01-31-2022, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by forests_gump View Post
        thks hoaca388, also found these 2 as well ~ just wonder if Dell UEFI usually have the Service Tag in clear text, or hide in encrypted structure / other flash?
        Only way to know about that : change sevice tag, flash and check it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          Only way to know about that : change sevice tag, flash and check it again.
          Wanted the original flash untouched, I am waiting for my order of the same winbond flash to test out the mod.

Btw, how can i extract the stock bios from Dell bios exe (rar)?
          so that i can do some cross-examine
          Attached Files

Comment

I have another machine, changed these two place, but the SVCTAG is not changed.

Comment

Hi, i have extracted this bios EXE for you. Hope this will help you. Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X