X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please my bios clean me

Originally posted by Psychomaniac View Post
    Hi. First Post .
    Where could i get this clean image from please.
    I downloaded the official bios and programmed that with CH341A.
    Now pc powers on for a second then off. Hopefully just incorrect image.

PC is Lenovo M710Q Type:10YC

Thanks for any help
    try post #2...
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try post #2...
      Hey. Thank you. I will reply with feedback by tomorrow if this worked.
      File may be deleted. Will also have a look at donating.

Thanks again

Comment

try post #2...
        Hey again.
        Just a quick update, flashed the file above and still unfortunately not booting.
        It basically powers on for 2 seconds, then off etc. This happens non stop. Left it like that for 5 minutes.
        I flashed the original Chromium image back, and it boots straight to the Amazon log in screen without problems.
        Any other ideas please?

Thanks again

Comment

Re: M710q Please my bios clean me

Hi again. Any update on this perhaps please.

Thank you again

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Psychomaniac View Post
              Bump
              look carefully on the board, do you have two bios chips? or one?
              Last edited by peste; 05-03-2023, 02:31 AM.
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

it's no secret ... I use this ... read here ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88533
                brother how to update serial number in bios using this tool &how to use this tool plz help me

Comment

look carefully on the board, do you have two bios chips? or one?
                  I believe I have the same issue as Psychomaniac, I have a M710Q 10YC, but the motherboard is the IX2QIH v1.1 (and not the v1.0 that others have), so yes, I believe it has 2 BIOS chips, a Winbond and an MX25L12873F.

When I flash the MX25 with the modded file from step 2 in this thread, I just get a black screen when powered on. Flash back to original BIOS and Amazon Chromium comes back on.

Sounds like there is a 2nd chip to flash with this model? Should I post the Winbond file? Let me know what I can do and I'll post it.

Comment

Originally posted by rgorbie View Post
                    I believe I have the same issue as Psychomaniac, I have a M710Q 10YC, but the motherboard is the IX2QIH v1.1 (and not the v1.0 that others have), so yes, I believe it has 2 BIOS chips, a Winbond and an MX25L12873F.

When I flash the MX25 with the modded file from step 2 in this thread, I just get a black screen when powered on. Flash back to original BIOS and Amazon Chromium comes back on.

Sounds like there is a 2nd chip to flash with this model? Should I post the Winbond file? Let me know what I can do and I'll post it.
                    post the original bios..

Comment

post the original bios..
                      Mine's presenting the same symptoms as @rgorbie. However, I did not flash the backup back onto it. I don't see any other chip on the board.

Code:
                      sudo flashrom --programmer ch341a_spi -r backup_test1.bin

flashrom v1.2 on Linux 5.15.0-86-generic (x86_64)
                      flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org

Using clock_gettime for delay loops (clk_id: 1, resolution: 1ns).
                      Found Macronix flash chip "MX25L12805D" (16384 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
                      Found Macronix flash chip "MX25L12835F/MX25L12845E/MX25L12865E" (16384 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
                      Multiple flash chip definitions match the detected chip(s): "MX25L12805D", "MX25L12835F/MX25L12845E/MX25L12865E"
                      Please specify which chip definition to use with the -c <chipname> option.
                      I couldn't specify the chip as per the label on it:
                      Code:
                      sudo flashrom --programmer ch341a_spi -r backup_test1.bin -c "MX25L12873F"
                      Error: Unknown chip 'MX25L12873F' specified.
                      Run flashrom -L to view the hardware supported in this flashrom version.
                      Tried the other options:

Code:
                      me@wave:~$ sudo flashrom --programmer ch341a_spi -r backup_test1.bin -c "MX25L12835F"

Error: Unknown chip 'MX25L12835F' specified.
                      me@wave:~$ sudo flashrom --programmer ch341a_spi -r backup_test1.bin -c "MX25L12845E"

Error: Unknown chip 'MX25L12845E' specified.
                      me@wave:~$ sudo flashrom --programmer ch341a_spi -r backup_test1.bin -c "MX25L12865E"

Error: Unknown chip 'MX25L12865E' specified.
                      Only this worked:
                      Code:
                      me@wave:~$ sudo flashrom --programmer ch341a_spi -r backup_test1.bin -c "MX25L12805D"

Found Macronix flash chip "MX25L12805D" (16384 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
                      Reading flash...done
                      The md5sum of the 2 separate backups matched. So did the md5sum of the bios read after flashing the bios in the second post of this thread i.e. it's successfully flashing. Just not working/booting. Any ideas?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by FriendoZA; 10-12-2023, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FriendoZA View Post
                        Mine's presenting the same symptoms as @rgorbie. However, I did not flash the backup back onto it. I don't see any other chip on the board.
                        The md5sum of the 2 separate backups matched. So did the md5sum of the bios read after flashing the bios in the second post of this thread i.e. it's successfully flashing. Just not working/booting. Any ideas?
                        Serial number ?

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103569

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          Serial number ?

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103569

Outer casing: PC1HNYKW
                          Board label: 8SSB20S93654H1DG04G002R / SB20S93654

(I've included pictures)
                          Attached Files

Comment

try..
                            Thank you for this. I have an m710q 10yc s00p00 motherboard v1.1 and read my bios chip(locked to Amzn)with a raspberry pi and a chip clip(generic pamona clip)@ 16,777,216 bytes. I tried to flash the bin from the Lenovo firmware package on their site and only got an error with flashrom.
                            Error: Image size (8388608 B) doesn't match the expected size (16777216 B)!

So I used the one in post #2, it kept failing to verify the image to the W25Q128.V chip but it did allow me to boot from a USB memory stick that I had set up to install Tiny10, used Tiny10 to run the Win10 firmware flashing utility from Lenovo site to make sure that the firmware was correctly and completely installed then reset to factory defaults. Now the system is working properly with Ubuntu 23.04 installed. Once 23.10 ISO is finished I will actually install that.

Thank you so much for posting!

For those that also get a failure, make sure that you have your USB installation media set up properly and ready to go, I was surprised that it worked even though verification didn't work and the sha1sum of the dump afterwards was different than what was written it still got the job done, so don't give up.

On mine pressing F12 while booting was used to select the boot media.

Not sure if posting my original firmware file would do any good but if needed let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by FriendoZA View Post
                              Try using the latest version of flashrom, earlier versions didn't detect my chip properly.

Comment

Originally posted by m710q_flash View Post
                                Try using the latest version of flashrom, earlier versions didn't detect my chip properly.
                                That wasn't so successful:

Code:
                                me@wave:~/Desktop$ sudo flashrom --programmer ch341a_spi -r
                                flashrom v1.3.0 on Linux 5.15.0-86-generic (x86_64)

Error: Unknown programmer "ch341a_spi". Valid choices are:
                                dummy, serprog, buspirate_spi, rayer_spi, pony_spi, linux_mtd, linux_spi.
                                Please run "flashrom --help" for usage info.
                                Broke my clamp in the process. FML. Now I wait for a replacement.

Comment

It seems that all the knock-off clips/clamps are generally junk, if I were doing this more than once I would get a Pomona clip. I got lucky with my el cheapo version, I actually bought a ch341a_spi kit that I ended up only using the clip from.
                                  After reading this I had decided not to use it: https://libreboot.org/docs/install/s...not-use-ch341a
                                  So many have had success with it though, so who knows, but I didn't want to risk it.

I ended up using a Raspberry Pi 3B to do the programming with the latest version of RaspiOS (bookworm) and used the flashrom that was in the repo.

While we have the same machine 10YC and version 1.1motherboard, I also have a different model number on my label.

I attached a picture of the motherboard with the chip I flashed circled in green.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

try..
                                    Successful convertion from a ChromeOS like stuck interface to Windows with this file. Great job

Attached Files
                                    Last edited by ordinateur; 11-19-2023, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Hi , technically my first post here, I am trying to bypass the Amazon Chromium firmware for multiple M170q's
                                      I Used the bios file in this thread ( by peste) and 6 of the 7 PCs worked fine , they are all identical with minor differences in bios chips, the 7th PC won't post , it powers on as soon as I plug in the DC jack , I tried to flash the bios many times with the exact same file I used for the rest 6 PCs but no luck , any ideas?
                                      I Used the CH341A programmer
                                      Last edited by Firas Al Zatreh; 03-27-2024, 04:21 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Firas Al Zatreh View Post
                                        Hi , technically my first post here, I am trying to bypass the Amazon Chromium firmware for multiple M170q's
                                        I Used the bios file in this thread ( by peste) and 6 of the 7 PCs worked fine , they are all identical with minor differences in bios chips, the 7th PC won't post , it powers on as soon as I plug in the DC jack , I tried to flash the bios many times with the exact same file I used for the rest 6 PCs but no luck , any ideas?
                                        I Used the CH341A programmer
                                        Update : turns out its a dead bios chip , replaced with other 128Mbit / 16 MB and worked just fine

Comment

Working...
                                        X