Asus Strix 5700xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Strix 5700xt

Hi I have a 5700xt and would like some help. Card was never worked on and lovely condition, zero visible damage anywhere.

All resistances seem fine, Checked pin 3 and 4 after the notch with diode mode all fine, all mosfets are receiving 12v on pin 1 of the mosfets but none of them output to power the core, Im getting 5v, 0.7v, 1.8v, 1.35v everywhere it should so Im thinking this is a enable issue before the mosfets?

Has anyone got any experience with these cards? Im sure it must be a transistor or something not allowing a p-good or something like this but as I go along with microscope I see no damage to anything, when powering the card nothing gets noticeably hot (I dont have a thermal cam yet). I removed the bios chip to check the bios against a known good one using a ch341a programmer and it was fine so Im completely stumped. Does anyone know what chip on the board allows the signal to say ok to the mosfets so they start firing?

Re: Asus Strix 5700xt

Update found a short on the two top mosfets, not sure wht they link to yet but at least I found the problem!

Comment

so I removed the stages and it removed the short, I dont have replacements yet but I ran it and still not detected, do all power stages need to be present for a 5700xt to function?

Comment

Originally posted by davetheshrew View Post
        so I removed the stages and it removed the short, I dont have replacements yet but I ran it and still not detected, do all power stages need to be present for a 5700xt to function?
        no, if it is not a memory rail

Comment

Working...
        X