msi tomahawk mag z390

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

msi tomahawk mag z390

Hi guys unfortunately i have managed to blow up my motherboard and i am hoping someone can identify the burnt out component shown in the attached photo's it is just behind the display port on the back of the board.
    Attached Files

Re: msi tomahawk mag z390

Part is SOT-23-5 package.

What is the first letter / digit?

Appears to be Q7= which means it is from Richtek. Unable to locate the component as of this writing.

Will check again after fixing a sink..plumbing day today.

Comment

cheers much appreciated do not have a schematic

Comment

Here you are. You only have to trace back the device in the schematics. Or maybe you find the device in the Richtek device marking file (if it's a Richtek).

Had a short look on the schematics, maybe it's U20, i.e. an RT9742AGJ5F with marking 07= not Q7=. But check this in detail between board and schematics to be 100% sure.

Found an Boardview too.

It is U20:

Attached Files
        Last edited by DynaxSC; 10-11-2022, 06:23 AM.

Comment

thanks for the schematics but as you will be aware i am just learning this any chance you could point me in the right direction in the drawings?

Comment

Edited my post above, so there you can find the device, and it is definitely U20. Otherwise if you would not have the boardview, just take a simple measuring device or even a lens, and see where the device is connected, as it is near the USB connector, it's likely it's connected there or with some other device controlling the USB Ports. Then find 2-3 such connections, and compare it with the schematics, look for USB connector, read the schematics, compare the pin numbers the signals are connected to. If you find 2-3 such connections corresponding to the schematics then you found your device. You can compare also the number of pins it has. And be optimistic, take time to try to understand the schematics, and believe you can do it !
            Last edited by DynaxSC; 10-11-2022, 06:41 AM.

Comment

thank you very much for your time spent on this. your comments are just what i needed. cheers mate

Comment

Working...
              X