Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

I've read the other Syncmaster threads for hours and hours.

So far I've purchased a new power board(thinking that should fix the problem before I knew better) and replaced 2 bad capacitors on the inverter board. No change.

Behavior:
    Problem started one day when monitor was turned on and screen only black
    --Without power, computer recognizes monitor
    --With power, blue light on power button is lit.
    --Flashlight test shows nothing

What could cause two inverter capacitors to go bad that wouldn't be fixed by replacing those two capacitors(and or replacing the power board)?

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

What could go bad would be the mosfets and the fuses on the inverter board.

We need a few nice sharp focused pictures of the inverter board. When uploading the pictures use "go advanced" then "manage attachments" on the bottom of the page. Please don't upload pictures any other way, because that would slow the loading of the page forever.

If you had bad caps on the inverter board, and the screen is black; the chances are the problem is in that area. I'm fairly sure we can help you fix this.

Comment

the Flashlight test is not 100% effective.Without looking at the other posts etc,and simply at you Post, then Backlights and /or their wiring would be a point of concern as would the Inverter transformers on the Inverter Board.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lord Saves View Post
        I've read the other Syncmaster threads for hours and hours.

So far I've purchased a new power board(thinking that should fix the problem before I knew better) and replaced 2 bad capacitors on the inverter board. No change.

Behavior:
        Problem started one day when monitor was turned on and screen only black
        --Without power, computer recognizes monitor
        --With power, blue light on power button is lit.
        --Flashlight test shows nothing

What could cause two inverter capacitors to go bad that wouldn't be fixed by replacing those two capacitors(and or replacing the power board)?
        Check the voltages on the secondary side, in particular the +5V rail as well as the higher voltage rail for the inverter section (usually anywhere from +12V to +19V). Its recommended to replace all the capacitors on the secondary side to eliminate possible problems on the IP board side. You can also test the backlight section on manually by soldering a resistor (around 1kOhm) from the +5V rail to the lamp enable pin on the connector (NOTE: disconnect the Dscaler board while testing this out). If both of those voltages are present and stable plus the backlights can turn on fine, then the only possible problem left is the Dcaler board.

Comment

Working...
        X