Hanns G HW191D blinking power light no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hanns G HW191D blinking power light no display

Interestingly enough, I have just discovered that an Acer 1916 monitor apparently uses the same power board.
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-OEM-A...item5aed49d287

And that link enabled me to locate the (partially obscured) part number on my actual board. The picture I posted I got off the internet because it looked the same as my board before I started taking it apart.
    So it's a TJ777 VP-775; it also has a date of 2005/12/01 on it. Backwards to normal notation, but clearly a date indicator.

Additionally, I have sent off questions to the seller of the item you posted as well as the one I found asking if they can identify which position out of C847, C848, and C853 has the cap I'm asking about.
    I don't want to guess.

EDIT: AHA! I got a better look at that picture in your link and I IDed where C847 and C853 appear to be the 1000uf caps and C848 should be the different one even if on my board it looked about the same.
    Last edited by LaineyBugsDaddy; 08-24-2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Yes I that is what I thought and you can compare with the caps you have to confirm
      Attached Files
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Actually, I can't. The cap that was at C848 on my board didn't look the same as the one in that image. It looks like the rest of the Elite brand of caps. I wish they had different colors for the different capacity caps on my board but the only differently colored one on my whole board is the 100uf 50v cap that's in good order. So I am stuck with a process of elimination.
        Last edited by LaineyBugsDaddy; 08-24-2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I did almost the same thing, removed them without mapping them. Don't know where the 1 470uf 10v goes. It's a hanns G hw191D. Please help. i found a picture that shows 1000uf 10v goes in #3 and #4. i know the 470uf 25v goes in 1,2,8
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LaineyBugsDaddy View Post
            Not trying to grave-dig here, however I'm trying to get some info. I have been trying to recap my HW191D, but my circuit board doesn't match the images here. It looks like this board is an integrated board containing both power supply and display output components where mine just has a separate power supply and display output board that connect to each other.
            Anyway, I had already put three replacement caps on when I realized that I should have waited until I had gotten more sleep and had more to eat because I noticed I had replaced a 470uf 10v cap with a 1000uf 10v cap (can't power up the unit yet, still disassembled, so nothing exploding). The problem is, I don't know which of three capacitor positions the 470uf 10v cap was in, C847, C848, or C853, and I can't seem to find a service manual.
            c847 and c853 are 10v 1000uf according to my board.

Comment

Working...
            X