X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer X221W Monitor 2 Seconds to Black

No.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      No.
      Is it safe to say that I need to dismantle the monitor again?
      What else might I need to do in addition to fixing/replacing the back light?

Comment

Originally posted by wtgfs703 View Post
        Is it safe to say that I need to dismantle the monitor again?
        What else might I need to do in addition to fixing/replacing the back light?
        First you have to determine exactly what the problem is. Retiredcaps gave a good summary and included some links in this post.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

(whoops!) Was going to post a reply to something above and then saw it would only seem like a "me too" so I decided to say nothing.
          Last edited by pedro; 06-24-2011, 12:29 AM.
          Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
            If the monitor is hooked to a working computer, suddenly displays 'No signal', then the screen goes black, and the power LED goes to Amber, that indicates a problem on the signal card, or a computer going to sleep.
            Usually means the PC flat out failed to boot. Usually PC processor failure or motherboard failure.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
              Usually means the PC flat out failed to boot. Usually PC processor failure or motherboard failure.
              Note - I said working computer. A PC that fails to boot is by definition not working.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
              X