Samsung Syncmaster 245B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245B

Ok slightly hungover following the Welsh rugby loss but should be fine to tinker today Is there anything else I can check or you can suggest I try? Cheers!

Comment

The voltage readings on the logic board look good.

On the power board, you are not getting 24V or 5V.

What is the DC voltage across the main filter capacitor? Hint: This is very high voltage and measuring it when hungover may not be a good idea.

It should be 220V AC x 1.414 or roughly 311V DC. So put your multimeter on something higher than 400V DC.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I forgot to mention that on the logic board there should be a label for on/off. It should be written on the connector somewhere. Or it could be labeled on the power board?

This voltage will be 0V DC when off and probably > 3V DC when on. So when you press the on/off button, this pin should change in voltage from 0 to 3V DC.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

There's a pin on the logic board called power_en could that be it?

Comment

Yup that's it.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Ok the main cap puts out around 320v and on/off goes to 3.3v with the lcd on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodri2311 View Post
                Ok the main cap puts out around 320v and on/off goes to 3.3v with the lcd on.
                Okay, please verify if the voltage 24V and 5V DC on the power board is present or missing.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

There's no output 24v DC at all I can see, and the 5v seems to be around 0.05 (although this one did seem to fluxtuate every now and again).

Comment

There's no output 24v DC at all I can see, and the 5v seems to be around 0.05 (although this one did seem to fluxtuate every now and again).
                    Okay, this implies that the SMPS power supply is not starting for some reason.

1) It could be a bad small capacitor either dried out or has high ESR.

2) It could be the SMPS controller chip is bad.

Service manual is here

PS. We will also need a clear focused photo of the backside of the power board.
                    Last edited by retiredcaps; 02-06-2011, 01:05 PM.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for that, downloaded the manual, not really sure what I'm looking at though. Here's the pictures of the underside of the power board.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Okay, this thread has a ton of info.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=245B

1) If you haven't seen it, try measuring RB805, RB806, and RB807. One may be burned?

2) Check QM802 to see if it is open.

3) Check fuse FB802S.

Anyone of the above could be the cause of the SMPS not starting. Details of all 3 are in the above thread.
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Do you mean to measure the voltages? RB805, 806 & 807 all appear to be scourched quite a lot.

Fuse seems to be ok, resistence measures 0.04

How do I test QM802? I can see it marked on the bottom of the board but not tell what part it's connected to as there are lots next to it.

Comment

Do you mean to measure the voltages? RB805, 806 & 807 all appear to be scourched quite a lot.

How do I test QM802?
                            Set your multimeter for 200 ohms for the resistors. You can test them "in circuit". Report measurements for all resistors.

For QM802, if it is a 3 legged IC, measure the resistance between 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3. Report all measurements.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

How do I test QM802? I can see it marked on the bottom of the board but not tell what part it's connected to as there are lots next to it.
                              Where is QM802 on your board? I can't seem to find it. I see a QB802 near the resistors. I got the QM802 designation from the other thread.

If QB802 is the "correct" part for your board, also check QB801 and QB803.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

RB806 & 807 measured close to 67 each, 805 there was no reading at all so looks like that may well be dead.

QM802 I'm still confused by - this is what I'm looking at.
                                Attached Files

Comment

RB806 & 807 measured close to 67 each, 805 there was no reading at all so looks like that may well be dead.

QM802 I'm still confused by - this is what I'm looking at.
                                  Remove RB805 and retest out of circuit.

I still can't see what you are looking at for QM802. Maybe circle it so I know what you are looking at.

Test QB801, QB802, and QB803 for sure though using the method I described above with 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3.
                                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sorry it's not very clear in that photo - QM802 is marked above RM812, I'm not sure what part to test though. When you say 1-2 for example do you mean the pins on it?

Comment

Sorry it's not very clear in that photo - QM802 is marked above RM812, I'm not sure what part to test though. When you say 1-2 for example do you mean the pins on it?
                                      Normally transistors are 3 pins. Some are more. For a 3 pin transistor, just number them 1, 2, 3. Measure the resistance between pin 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3.
                                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Taken RB805 out and it's dead. Tested qb801 02 and 03 but couldn't get a result on any of them.

Comment

Taken RB805 out and it's dead. Tested qb801 02 and 03 but couldn't get a result on any of them.
                                          If QB801, QB802, and QB803 all read out of range, 0L, or "1", then they are good.

So order a new resistor and retest.
                                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                          X