Denon avr 2802 with no sound on speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denon avr 2802 with no sound on speaker

I'll have a look this week. Maybe I have some. I'll program and erase them to test. After that I can send you some if you'd like.
    If so, please let me know what shape you need, ok ?
    Last edited by sparx_59; 07-31-2016, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Hi sparx_59,

Fortunately I was able to get a couple of these bad boys from a local repair shop. However, I still need 1 of these suckers (for Denon AVR-5700)

Brand: Toshiba
      Type: Flash (Top Boot Block)
      Marking: TC58FVT800FT
      Package: TSOP48

This is the same IC that has been used on AVR-3300 (I believe).

If you were able to find them, please give me a holler!!!

Thanks

Comment

Cool you found some ! I had a look today, but only found some in the SOIC package, so surface mount
        Tomorrow I will have a look for the other one.
        IF i have one, maybe it's a good plan to mail me the dump, so i can flash it for you. Makes it all so much more easy, right?

I'll keep you posted!

Comment

Had a look into it, and I am sorry.....we do not have the chip

Comment

Thanks for looking into it!!! I'll keep a look out for them. Perhaps I'll just order the ones from China and give them a shot. After all they aren't expensive! Will keep you posted.

Comment

Hi everyone.
              Recently I bought AVR 2113 with "so sound" problem. When I got it I noticed that the +7 and +5 were little lower and thought that after fixing it the receiver will start working... mm right.. a few new caps and the voltages got right, but still no sound.
              The receiver goes through the initial check, clicks the channel relays and.. silence. It does not meter analog or digital source. When I hook up earphones to the preamp cables there is a very low level sound ( CD input from a player with maxed up volume ) and sound on digital input.. so I guess the preamp chip is just leaking.
              Also no HDMI output.
              The receiver's web GUI was ok. And then I just decided to update the firmware.... hooked it to the router, started the update procedure, it downloaded the firmware and started installing it. I guess you already know where I'm going ... yep.. that's right.. it stopped on the "status:mainOK" ( or something similar ) screen. I waited for another 30 minutes, but nothing happened. Rebooted the receiver and it just kept retrying to update.
              If it is connected to the Internet, it goes for about a minute or two with "retry update >>>" and then clicks the speaker relays off and dies with the screen on. If it is not connected it shows "no connection" error and dies. Well.. about 30 minutes after I got the receiver bricked I found that topic ( what a luck, right? ).
              I reheated/resoldered all chip connections on the top and back of the logic board with iron, but it didn't change anything... guess it was too late.
              So what I think happened - the root of the problem was a failed memory chip, but to make the things more entertaining there were a few dying caps ( oh, and the main amp caps do not look very well, but for now they are good enough ). Then when it tried to write the new firmware everything screwed up.
              Do you think there is any hope for fixing this receiver or I just should throw away every fu$#%$ng digital bit out of it and convert it to a simple 6 channel amplifier?

p.s. I tried updating the firmware with e USB stick, but when I try to start the procedure ( status + ch- + power ) it dies on the initialization procedure with blinking red light.

Here are some photos of what is inside ( don't mind the bridge on the pins of the memory chip, I fixed it after the pic was taken ):

and here is the service manual ( courtesy to hifiengine.com )
              http://www.filedropper.com/hfedenona...3ciservicev6en

Comment

Well, it would be nice if you could upload some full size pictures instead of hotlinking to thumbnails.
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Sorry, I was not aware I could upload big images here. In most places they do not allow posting ( and uploading ) high resolution imgs ( 800x600 limit ), so I did what I do all the time - used img hosting. Anyway, later I'll try to upload the full res pics.

Comment

OK, so here are the images... this time uploaded here... no 3rd party hosting
                    So back to the question - do you think there is any life left in the receiver
                    Unfortunately, I do not have the skills nor the equipment to safely remove the surface mounted chips and read them
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                      can you send me the flash file, because your link is does not work.
                      Thank you!

Comment

welcome all forum users.
                        madan1 AVR 2113 is difficult to repair, i repaired 8 pieces.
                        I have a programmer Denon and batch flash, described in the service manual.
                        Frequent failure in 2113 sound is ic ADV8003

Comment

Hello and welcome BayerD!
                          Appreciate your post about AVR2113.
                          Can you specify what is the problem with ADV8003? Is it the chip itself going bad or just as with most of that surface mounted controllers - bad solder points ( bad contact )?
                          Is it the power supply or other passive elements causing the ADV8003 to behave wrong?
                          What is the correct way to repair it? Should ADV8003 be changed or resoldered?
                          I really like that receiver and just don't want to scrap it

Comment

IC damaged and he locks the audio track.
                            Sometimes simply upload software.

Comment

What do you suggest?
                              Should I purchase a new ADV8003?
                              Also what do you mean by upload software? Firmware update? Flashing the memory chips? or something else?

Comment

First upgrading firmware Page 52 service manual.
                                How not to help, replace ic ADV8003.
                                Firmware has a capacity of 160MB
                                Last edited by BayerD; 12-07-2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Right... I managed to stop the firmware update retry loop by dimmer+source 2 + power ( previously I was trying with Ch- + Ch+ + power ).
                                  I got the web GUI + android app ( not sure if it is also over http ) working.
                                  I still have not tested the HDMI input/output/GUI or audio output over HDMI.

So, I tried again to update the firmware:
                                  1) over the ethernet - start the update through the web GUI and... nothing happens. The ethernet controller closes all ports, but one ( don't remember which one, but something like 50xx ). After some time ( 1-2 minutes ) the receiver stops responding, clicks the speaker relays ( the display stays ON with "Update retry >>" ) and the power button must be pressed for 10+ seconds to turn off the unit.

2) with USB stick - blank USB stick, 4 GB, freshly formatted on FAT32, the correct firmware and directory structure... ch- + status + power -> bang! red LED blinking or totally no action ( the standard start-up process ).

More test results ( see the attached image ):

-no analog signal on the cable from the preamp ( R2A15218FP ) to the amp ( it does not mater the input or the post-processing - digital, analog, pure direct, DPS )
                                  -no analog upstream from the preamp chip ( R2A15218FP ) to the ADC ( AK5358 )
                                  -no analog signal from the main DAC AK4358VQ ( again it does not meter the input or the post-processing )

-there is good analog signal from the ethernet ( internet radio ) and the USB controller ( USB stick with music ). The signal does not go through the main DAC, but another one - PCM5100. The signal reaches the preamp controller R2A15218F, but does not go through.

From the above I conclude that:
                                  -the ethernet controller LAN8720, the network controller DM860A ( it communicates with FLASH, SDRAM, SDRAM ) and DAC PCM5100 are working fine.
                                  -the preamp controller R2A15218FP is not working at all ( no pass through, no switching, no upstream )
                                  -the main DAC AK4358VQ is not working

Since the problem is affecting more than one IC ( the preamp and the main DAC ) I do not think that the DAC and the pre-amp are faulty.
                                  The pre-amp is controlled by U3002 ( IC CPU MICRO PROCESS R5F56108VNFP ), which at least seems to be partially working.

Unfortunately I do no have an oscilloscope and cannot trace the digital signals.

I think I'll try to properly reheat with hot air gun the ball-soldered components ( U1601-ADV8003, U1302-ADV7850, U1802-"MEMORY-RAM K4T51163QJ-BCE7" 512MB and U1801-"MEMORY-RAM K4T51163QJ-BCE7" 512MB ).
                                  Now when I have a working ( at least partially ) firmware I can try transferring it to new memory chips, but does any one know on which chip it is located?

The big memory chips are:

u2603 - IC MEMORY FLASH (H27U1G8F2BTR) - 1 Gb NAND Flash
                                  u2003 - IC MEMORY FLASH(EN29LV160BB- 70TIP) - 16 Megabit (2048K x 8-bit / 1024K x 16-bit) Flash Memory Boot Sector Flash Memory, CMOS 3.0 Volt-only
                                  U1802-MEMORY-RAM K4T51163QJ-BCE7 512MB - 32M X 16 DDR DRAM, 0.4 ns, PBGA84 ( hdmi? )
                                  U1801-MEMORY-RAM K4T51163QJ-BCE7 512MB - 32M X 16 DDR DRAM, 0.4 ns, PBGA84 ( hdmi? )

bottom
                                  u2002 - IC MEMORY-RAM(W9864G6JH-6) - 1M x 4 BANKS x 16 BITS SDRAM
                                  u2604 - IC, MEMORY-RAM A3V56S30FTP-G6 - 256Mb Synchronous DRAM
                                  u2605 - IC, MEMORY-RAM A3V56S30FTP-G6 - 256Mb Synchronous DRAM

Any other ideas?
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by madan1; 12-11-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

hmm wrong conclusion - "-the main DAC AK4358VQ is not working"
                                    The DAC might be working just fine, but there could be no input digital audio data.

Comment

I don't like the look of the bad main capacitor, I'm wondering why it blew. If it were age, the one beside it should also be blown. It does not look the case, and ELNA is not a rubbish brand.

I'm wondering if the rectifier is shorted or leaky and sending AC into that capacitor.

If the rest of the power supplies are tapped off from the rail that capacitor supplies, it could cause stability issues. I would fix all the bad capacitors before trying to fix the firmware.
                                      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                      -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi,

the AMP power supply is separate from the other component supply ( see the attached image ).
                                        All voltage lines measure fine ( +/-7, +/-5, +3.3 ).
                                        At this stage I think the big caps do not play any role. Once I have the AVR producing sound, I'll take care of the 10 000 uF
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by madan1; 12-12-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Here you have the firmware..
                                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ckne01lp9...H5ctIhaSa?dl=0

Flash H27U....
                                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1sx6i6ohc...L4ibFqiAa?dl=0

Flash EN29LV160

https://www.dropbox.com/s/op2qqctkgi...LV160.bin?dl=0
                                          Last edited by BayerD; 12-20-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X