Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a SkyRc MC3000 battery testing machine very interesting device temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dealt with Bluetooth issues before. AFAIK they can look good outside, but yet not work. You probably have to replace the Bluetooth chip.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      I dealt with Bluetooth issues before. AFAIK they can look good outside, but yet not work. You probably have to replace the Bluetooth chip.
      I just removed the Bluetooth module and I just going to use on the computer if that still works or not and if that doesn't work then I will just use it to charge batteries and be done with it because I basically just it now to recharge 14500 batteries now for a project that I am working on that I made a comment on another post about my Fluke meter that the battery clip broke again and I just over it

Eventually l will buy another SkyRc MC3000 to replace this one that does not work now and just use for a battery charging station

I going to upgrade my battery testing machine and put a temperature sensor controller on the ones that I going to use when I do not want to babysit the battery testing machine
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-01-2024, 05:26 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

post pics of the BT module - it's probably on ali for a $ but you may need to swap an eeprom or something for the mac address

Comment

I wanna see Fluke carnage!

Comment

I wanna see Fluke carnage!
            I will post some pictures of it after I make the battery pack and finish testing the eight of them and pick the three highest amp hour batteries to make the battery pack
            I would have gotten a lot farther if the SkyRc battery tester had not taken a Bluetooth crap all over the place

The reason I took out the Bluetooth module was in case it decided to short circuit itself I did not want to deal with that problem

9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post

I will post some pictures of it after I make the battery pack and finish testing the eight of them and pick the three highest amp hour batteries to make the battery pack
              I would have gotten a lot farther if the SkyRc battery tester had not taken a Bluetooth crap all over the place

The reason I took out the Bluetooth module was in case it decided to short circuit itself I did not want to deal with that problem
              I haven't gotten across a case with a shorted Bluetooth module that short circuited itself. Usually they have some protection device in front of it.

Comment

why not use a flat pouch cell in the fluke?

Comment

Here is the module that looks very similar to one that is on MC3000 battery tester board

HM-11 CC2541 JDY-08 BLE Serial Transmission Module RTC IO Bluetooth4.0 Module

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125841127701?hash=item1d4cb73915:g:9F4AAOSwHztiKb-H&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAABEJ1iqGhw1NO1RyIwsL5ORQNmR4B zlVyNaZyokxrEFEAIzgYt%2FxOgoxuPjWrTUpEhkNgoYvas4hb H%2F%2FYYrT%2B7b2NN%2BxcxCKtJnbmK70KNfdFxd47MdJyrs RRCeRhEGG49HIIxGq2wzDIe39m44CdP1QxUVFqYAEL0%2FHuNf 5nr326PGziKaM%2Bw5J8s%2F5u97QdtwLLemX9RwTIB33TzACI 8JSr9abZo%2FyqK8loVriNrulsKXrig91trCmShP%2FoRkgHwj kJd3glzBF2vY1GTzP%2FuUsGwjhnCMTudx3Vx846bSKjdF0L72 BR%2FsZT7JvKab%2FiCXqYzSxWfgphHGIwAIO01b0r73PIKiX3 Elly67WH9OoqJ%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR66VpaWZYw

With external antenna

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15590113429...3ABFBMpJ-cpplj
                  Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-02-2024, 07:38 AM.
                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                  1 Dell Mother Board
                  15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Update

I ordered the Bluetooth module for my MC3000 battery tester so let's hope that I can get it working again correctly but unfortunately it going to take about month for the modules to get here so we shall see what happens with this repair

If the exact replacement works then I going to order the ones that have the external antenna module and mount the antenna on the outside of the enclosure and see if the range is better
                    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-21-2024, 08:56 PM.
                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                    1 Dell Mother Board
                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      why not use a flat pouch cell in the fluke?
                      The reason I do not use pouch battery cells is because I have several that have not been really used very much and they have become swollen and I do not like this I had one in a device that does not get used very often and it was swollen as well so I stay away from them because of this
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I haven't gotten across a case with a shorted Bluetooth module that short circuited itself. Usually they have some protection device in front of it.
                        The other reason I removed the Bluetooth module was to see if I could remove it without damaging the circuit board which I can how can I temporarily hook up the Bluetooth module to the board to the main controller board and see if the Bluetooth module works properly without causing issues with reception

Could I just use very thin wires to make a temporary connection just to see if that was the issue that just the Bluetooth module just went bad and I got lucky or is the main controller board is the issue

9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

The other reason I removed the Bluetooth module was to see if I could remove it without damaging the circuit board which I can how can I temporarily hook up the Bluetooth module to the board to the main controller board and see if the Bluetooth module works properly without causing issues with reception

Could I just use very thin wires to make a temporary connection just to see if that was the issue that just the Bluetooth module just went bad and I got lucky or is the main controller board is the issue
                          Apparently these are known for failing Bluetooth and power supplies. Wonder is there are module replacements available?

Comment

Apparently these are known for failing Bluetooth and power supplies. Wonder is there are module replacements available?
                            I have only found the Bluetooth module so when it get here I will install it and see if it comes back to life because after it has been on for several hours it goes to a screen saver and the backlight goes off and it is stuck in the charging mode and can not be changed so it is basically useless at this point in time

Yes I can still charge batteries with it but that is I can change the the current settings but that is all that is available right now

9 PC LCD Monitor
                            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                            1 Dell Mother Board
                            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I have only found the Bluetooth module so when it get here I will install it and see if it comes back to life because after it has been on for several hours it goes to a screen saver and the backlight goes off and it is stuck in the charging mode and can not be changed so it is basically useless at this point in time

Yes I can still charge batteries with it but that is I can change the the current settings but that is all that is available right now
                              I am curious on the outcome of this.

Comment

So am I I really do not have much hope for this situation I could be wrong

It was weird the way it would just loose the Bluetooth connection after it finished a function but it would not do it all the time as time went on it was reluctant to connect then after we had a night where the power blink a few times then it would not connect at all so who knows weather or not it just the Bluetooth module or is it more than that—>—> but I will post what happened when I install the Bluetooth module and hope for the best

The shipping details say that it cleared import custom and it is coming from China so who knows how long it will be before it gets here
                                Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-27-2024, 09:51 PM.
                                9 PC LCD Monitor
                                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                1 Dell Mother Board
                                15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Update the Bluetooth modules are supposedly is New York so they should be here by the weekend I hope stay tuned for more soggy about weather or not it fixed the Bluetooth communication issue that it was having
                                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                  1 Dell Mother Board
                                  15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Unfortunately it did not go well either because the Bluetooth module was not exactly the same or there is something wrong with the main controller because the Bluetooth light came on but it will pair up with the software like it suppose to so I going to remove the controller board and use the battery holder that has the port for a temperature sensor to be installed under each battery and use a temperature controller to switch on and off the battery tester controller and have the best of both worlds

I really need to make one that monitors the temperature of each battery cell when I not sure how good a batch of battery cells are

I dismantled the battery SkyRc M3000 and now I have to make circuit board for the positive battery clips because they are mounted on the original circuit board so I will have to do this so I can put two different wires to each connection clips both for the positive and negative terminals so it going to be a while before I have this project completed and before I can reuse it on my better battery testing machine

Stay tuned for updates and when I get back up to a functional state I will post some pictures of it completed
                                    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-04-2024, 03:40 PM.
                                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                    1 Dell Mother Board
                                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Unfortunately it did not go well either because the Bluetooth module was not exactly the same or there is something wrong with the main controller because the Bluetooth light came on but it will pair up with the software like it suppose to so I going to remove the controller board and use the battery holder that has the port for a temperature sensor to be installed under each battery and use a temperature controller to switch on and off the battery tester controller and have the best of both worlds

I really need to make one that monitors the temperature of each battery cell when I not sure how good a batch of battery cells are

I dismantled the battery SkyRc M3000 and now I have to make circuit board for the positive battery clips because they are mounted on the original circuit board so I will have to do this so I can put two different wires to each connection clips both for the positive and negative terminals so it going to be a while before I have this project completed and before I can reuse it on my better battery testing machine

Stay tuned for updates and when I get back up to a functional state I will post some pictures of it completed
                                      It should be that it would not pair up with the tablet also got the error message when I did not have the pairing would not come on at all
                                      I am not sure if the Bluetooth ic chip has to be configured for the application that it is being used on
                                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                      1 Dell Mother Board
                                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Hmm… dunno what I am supposed to think of that. It should ask for a pin or something. Maybe do a full reset of the charger and see if that fixes it or not.

Comment

Hmm… dunno what I am supposed to think of that. It should ask for a pin or something. Maybe do a full reset of the charger and see if that fixes it or not.
                                          The factory reset is a joke on this device is because it does not seem to really do anything and I just have gotten tired dealing with it because in the past it has acted weird and doing weird things (plus I have read that this model has been a lot of weird issues that other people have had with this model ) so I have just parted it out and just use my other SkyRc IMAX b6 with the temperature sensor is going inside the M3000 and just make the cables come out the M3000 and I can see the results on my IPad so it is not a total loss I have several Radio Shack battery chargers that I thought about doing this to but the reason I have not undertaken this modification sooner is because it does not have a metal plate to be able to sense the battery temperature directly so that why it was just a thought about doing it

Using the SkyRc IMAX b6 with the temperature sensor is that you have to put it on the battery and it just a hassle to remove it from the battery and installing on the next battery that you are testing because you have to situate the battery just right in the ZKEteck battery holder and it is a pain to keep it in center of the contacts on the battery it is just difficult to use it this way

The one issue that I going to face with the temperature sensor that SkyRc uses is that it is a plastic housing that I going to have to carefully remove and put the inside the M3000 enclosure and have the three wires come outside of the enclosure to connect to IMAX b6 charger plus the battery terminals as well the temperature sensor is going to be the most difficult part of making the battery jig so it will be easier to use

I also plan on doing the same thing with my ZKEteck battery testing machine but I going to just modify the plastic 18650 / 21700 battery holder that have a special spring loaded terminal on one end of battery holder and make the battery terminals permanent on the battery holder with a little temperature sensor controller that are about $10.00 each and just wire it so it turns off the power going to the battery on the testers that the mosfets part of the controller has issues that I can not seem to figure out how fix it I am not sure if the interface that goes into driving the mosfets is the issue or it just that part of the controller ic chip has gone weird and just not worth trying to repair I just reconfigure it operational function and be done with it plus by doing this I can use BMS
                                          protection board testing with this setup

I just bought the ZKEteck 40 amp 5 volt battery tester that I going to remove the switching power supply that has a brand name that I have never heard of and the switching power supply cooling fan running at speed that is not necessary need with out any load on it except the battery testing controller in the idle mode really I do not think so it getting a Mean-well 5 volt @ 50 amp switching power supply which is a lot better switching power supply because when you just have it idling the fan just comes on briefly and goes back off for a while and then comes back on again for a little bit again and so on but if have a little bit of a load on it is at slow speed you can hear it is just not as loud as the fan which is on the switching power supply that is in there now but before I do this I need to make sure that it is working correctly before I do this modification to because of it being under replacement warranty if dose work correctly when you bought so I only have a few days before I would not be able to return it to the seller because it would void the warranty for what I have in mind doing to it plus I need to modify the battery connection because the alligator clips are way too big for the type of battery cells that I plan on using it with

I am going to do a burn in testing of this machine before I go ahead with the modification that I mentioned earlier in this post
                                          I just got my Elite 8300 computers restored to the factory setting with the recovery partition reinstalled I have three of them restored I have one more to do and one more I need redo because I was testing a proof of concept on a project that I have been thinking about doing for about last couple of years I have most of the details work out but I have to try to repair a controller that the LCD screen does not function at all ( the rest of the controller works fine it that some of the special features and functions are not accessible with out the LCD screen) and I have not been able to get a circuit diagram because this device is over 12 years old and the manufacturer does not have the information available anymore so this part of it going to very difficult and time consuming undertaking so it going to be done when I have time to devote to it
                                          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-04-2024, 09:31 PM.
                                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                          1 Dell Mother Board
                                          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                                          X