X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evo 3.0 UPS by Tecnoware

Dear Badcaps staff,

Evo 3.0 UPS by Tecnoware.
    After a storm, I've found the small rectifier shorted and the 6.3A fuse blown in the small pcb marked "SCHARGE".
    This small pcb is solded to the main board (MB).
    Replaced the two components (and tested the others in that small PCB) I found no problem so I reconnected all.
    At the moment there are no battery and if I power up the only thing I have is the orange led in the battery indicator and circa 27 VDC on battery terminals.
    230Vac is missing to the outlet.

I studied the MB (no schematich available) and I ended the MAIN RELAY is off because it got +12 to the coil+
    but the ground is missing so the relay is open (Normally Open).

If I give for a moment the ground to the relay things goes better: got 108VDC to battery terminals (no battery for the moment) and there is 230VAC to the outlet.

I'll test the UPS with its 8 batteries (12V*8=96V) but there is a thing that seems incorrect:

If I start the UPS with the tricky ground, the "LINE" blue led is blinking but owner told me it must be stable.
    Take a look at this video.

So I think there are other faults in the MB or in one of the other 7 boards solded in the MB.

Please comment and suggest some test to do.
    Monday I'll do some test, but the battery are in very bad condition.

Thanks.

Re: Evo 3.0 UPS by Tecnoware

8 new batteries solve the problem.
    No trick required to start it.

Comment

Originally posted by alessioblaupunkt View Post
      8 new batteries solve the problem.
      No trick required to start it.
      Interesting, maybe a surge blew the rectifier, and then the batteries drained through the shorted out rectifier?
      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Sorry I came back only today to read the post.

Exactly: the surge blew the rectifier, then opened the fuse in the rectifier board,
        then the batteries were too old to start the UPS again.

UPS working everyday since 09-12-2014 it is happy with the new small rectifier, fuse and batteries.

Comment

ups batteries good for 3 years at best.i see this all the time.seen an apc 700 in a mitsubishi laser machine with 8 year old batteries.wonder why it crashed every time the power flicked during storms.
          that week was constant thunderstorms.

Comment

Working...
          X