can somme one clear this bios thx
    Attached Files
    OKBALORD

Re: lenovo L540

Try and give feedback
    Attached Files

Comment

Lenovo L540 use small I2c eeprom Ps08 eeprom to store pwd, please read and send dump here.
      it is useless to patch bios...

Comment

Originally posted by okbalord View Post
        Hello
        can somme one clear this bios thx
        try
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spbios View Post
          Lenovo L540 use small I2c eeprom Ps08 eeprom to store pwd, please read and send dump here.
          it is useless to patch bios...
          Yes it does. R24RF08 P24S08
          Attached Files
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks all, but the problem remains the same
            I think SMDFlea is right
            OKBALORD

Comment

You can solder 2 wires to SCL SDA and short it while booting, or read from the chip with R24RF08 v2.0b reader or any other programmer, and decode with IBMpass v2.2 Lite https://www.allservice.ro/store/utils/ ,or read and use SVP tool , post #3 https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=SVP+tool

Attached is a clean PS2408 dump, it has a different serial, you can edit it with your info using a hex editor .

Edit: https://www.allservice.ro/forum/view...ad90c781b1e309

Attached Files
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-09-2020, 06:12 AM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you, brother, I will try
                OKBALORD

Comment

spbios and SMDFlea are absolutely right. If you only want to reset your Lenovo L540's BIOS password, you need no new BIOS flash. The SVP is held in the chip SMDFlea's picture helped me to locate. Though the chip is a P24S08, it is so tiny, that only "08 -1 EL" is printed on it, so it's hard to recognise.

To reset the BIOS password you have to short legs 5 and 6, as others have already stated. Timing is critical. If you short them too early, the laptop won't boot. If you short them too late or for too long, you'll get the password prompt.

So here's the correct sequence:
                  1. Turn on the laptop.
                  2. As soon as the display turns on, short pins 5 and 6 and keep them shorted.
                  3. Hit F1 to open BIOS.
                  4. Wait no more than 2-3 seconds and release short. If you wait too long, it's over.
                  5. BIOS opens up, you are in.
                  6. Go to SVP password, set up a new one and Save&Exit with F10.

From here you can keep your new SVP or go again into the BIOS with your new SVP and erase it pressing only ENTER when asked for new SVP and save with F10.
                  The procedure is in fact the same not only for the L540, but for all other Lenovos that have such a dedicated EEPROM password chip. Only the chip's location varies from model to model. If you can locate it, the procedure will work.

Thanks to SMDFlea showing where the chip is and to Ultimate DIY at youtube.com/watch?v=jKd46HdFyFY for pointing out how critical the timing is.

Comment

hello bro i will test and confirm soon ty
                    OKBALORD

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thank you so much that was very helpfull. i have ThinkPad L530 and this is the location on the board in the picture
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks a lot, this post worked for me. Very good description of solution.
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-04-2022, 01:15 AM.

Comment

@muell: Thanks alot, worked like a charm for me :-)

Comment

Working fine. Thx!!!
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-04-2022, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muell View Post
                                spbios and SMDFlea are absolutely right. If you only want to reset your Lenovo L540's BIOS password, you need no new BIOS flash. The SVP is held in the chip SMDFlea's picture helped me to locate. Though the chip is a P24S08, it is so tiny, that only "08 -1 EL" is printed on it, so it's hard to recognise.

To reset the BIOS password you have to short legs 5 and 6, as others have already stated. Timing is critical. If you short them too early, the laptop won't boot. If you short them too late or for too long, you'll get the password prompt.

So here's the correct sequence:
                                1. Turn on the laptop.
                                2. As soon as the display turns on, short pins 5 and 6 and keep them shorted.
                                3. Hit F1 to open BIOS.
                                4. Wait no more than 2-3 seconds and release short. If you wait too long, it's over.
                                5. BIOS opens up, you are in.
                                6. Go to SVP password, set up a new one and Save&Exit with F10.

From here you can keep your new SVP or go again into the BIOS with your new SVP and erase it pressing only ENTER when asked for new SVP and save with F10.
                                The procedure is in fact the same not only for the L540, but for all other Lenovos that have such a dedicated EEPROM password chip. Only the chip's location varies from model to model. If you can locate it, the procedure will work.

Thanks to SMDFlea showing where the chip is and to Ultimate DIY at youtube.com/watch?v=jKd46HdFyFY for pointing out how critical the timing is.
                                Thanks you soooo much.... You saved the day for me.

Comment

Hello. I reset the BIOS password without soldering wires. Our EEPROM chip is located under the touchpad of the laptop. To access pins 5 and 6, we need to cut a small window in the plastic cover under the touchpad. To do this, you will need to remove the keyboard, touchpad, and the cover itself. Carefully cut out the window with a sharp knife. To avoid accidentally shorting anything, I taped the pins and the area around the chip with tape. I left only two pins, 5 and 6.

Then I put the cover back, connected the keyboard and touchpad. Using the above method, I turned on the laptop, shorted the pins, pressed F1, and entered the BIOS where I reset the password
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Just a quick thanks for posting this, and the pics.
                                    Used them on the L540, and was successful.

I liked the idea of the cutout under the touchpad, but instead to reduce work, used a USB keyboard, and only the power ribbon off to the right (so I could power it) and left everything else off.
                                    (bios does recoginize USB keyboard, you don't have to install stock one)

Thanks again!
                                    Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                    X