Sony KDL-65W850A Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-65W850A Dead

I'm following SM flow chart, and have found the 3.3v standby power is present. Next step is asking to check the DC/DC converter. Note the "SLxxxx" in the photos.. I don't understand what they are asking to check, there is nothing there where the arrows are pointing. What does "SL" mean?

I attached a photo of one example looking for SL9111 close to F9105. I put a red dot where the arrow points. There is nothing on the other side either..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kevinm34232; 05-21-2016, 05:24 PM.

Re: Sony KDL-65W850A Dead

i think 65W85 are same as 65W95 forget the SM, and told us the stroy of the faults just dead !! how about your volts measure at main boards

Comment

They are dc-dc converters, the ic's take one voltage in and convert it to another I'm not sure what voltage they are supplied but each will output the corresponding voltage listed in the chart 5v 3.3 1.5 1.8, if the output voltage is not there, check the fuses which seem to be on the inputs of the dc-dc ic's. sl9109 must be ic9109

Like the above poster, what is the actual problem with the tv?
      Last edited by R_J; 05-21-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I understand the DC/DC process, I just don't understand why they wouldn't ask to check voltage at the fuse, but a different point at the board, where there is nothing really there and no "SL9111".

The fuses test good but I am not seeing any voltage there. The only voltage I can find is the 3.3V standby at the corresponding main board test point.

Comment

I suspect the fuses are on all the inputs and common to all the ic's so checking the voltage on one of them would be the same as the others. you would need to find the output of the ic's and check that voltage, what they are saying is if a particular voltage (1.5, 1.8 etc.) is missing then check the corresponding fuse. as there is no voltage on the fuses I would check were there source voltage (to the fuses) comes from.
          Maybe the voltage supplying the fuses only happens when the tv turns on (not in standby)
          Last edited by R_J; 05-21-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            Maybe the voltage supplying the fuses only happens when the tv turns on (not in standby)
            I think voltages are supposed to be there since, the flow chart is for "No Power".. I'll have to look at it closer, I just want to know where they are actually saying to check it..

The check for standby 3.3v was a coil on the main board and was correctly shown..
            Attached Files

Comment

The first fuse on the main board is tied to the REG+12V line, which is not being supplied by the power supply during standby. Is it supposed to be?? All the checks for "No Power" in the SM seem to point to that voltage being there when troubleshooting..
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kevinm34232; 05-22-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I don't know, I don't have the schematic for this model, Check back to where the +12 is supplied from and see if looks like its always supplied by the power supply or there could be a transistor (or other semi) acting like a switch to turn on the +12 after the power button is pressed. check the cable between the main board and power supply there could be a pin marked as ps-on that turns the +12 on.

Comment

Yes there is a PS-ON, but I don't know if it 12V is part of that.. Here's some more photos if it helps. There are 2 power boards but it looks like the 2nd one is mostly for the backlights..

The REG+12V pins on that connector go back to the 2 diodes and 3 caps I marked.
                  Attached Files

Comment

When you power up, what DC voltage do you have on AC_Off-Det and the Power_On pins ?
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

3.3V at AC_Off-Det, and 0v at PS-ON. I jumped PS-ON from the 3.3STBY, and then the REG+12V comes up. I still can't figure out where the test points are for DC/DC converter on the main board, but all the fuses are good and have either 12v or 5v.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                        3.3V at AC_Off-Det, and 0v at PS-ON. I jumped PS-ON from the 3.3STBY, and then the REG+12V comes up. I still can't figure out where the test points are for DC/DC converter on the main board, but all the fuses are good and have either 12v or 5v.
                        So it looks like your power supply is not the problem

Comment

The 1110021 is the regulator (SN1110021PWP). Measure the dc voltages on the pins.

Comment

Ya and the main caps come up to 400VDC.

But I was not able to jump the backlights on, I tried applying 3.3v to BL_ON along with PS_ON but nothing. It actually drags the 3.3v down. Notg sure if this is the correct process on this TV.

Comment

Did you use a resistor to jumper the Backlights On from the 3.3V. Resistor value of 500 -1000 Ohms?

Comment

I have 12V on pins 8 & 9 and pretty much 0v everywhere else.

Comment

12V should come up on six pins as shown in the legend and STB3.3V on one pin?

Comment

Where is the pin out legend that you are looking at?

Comment

One of the photo's you provided. Post #9, SAM_2818.JPG (3 of 3)

Comment

I did not use a resistor. I want to make sure the backlights come on to confirm the main board. Should I just be able to jump the PS-ON and BL_ON? Use a resistor for the BL_ON only?

Comment

Working...
                                        X