• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Samsung PN58B650S1F turning on / off

This ill bring you up to date

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53170

Otherwise...........

TV would not find firmware update on my usb when prompted to do so. I also noticed that the firmware loaded into the TV was more current than the one available from the Samsung website as a download, so I'm not sure if it would of made a difference anyway.

The important info is as follows. While trying to update the firmware I unplugged all devices and Ethernet connection. I attempted to use the widgets and the tv stayed on. Widgets would not update but the icons and everything else were fine. Again, the TV stayed on!
    With any HDMI input, or even if I tried to run the picture test from the help menu the TV would turn off.

Just for kicks I connected the cable box to the TV via coaxial cable. Put the source on tuner and set it to channel 3. TV has been running now for 3 hours!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN NOW??? I'm going nuts trying to figure this out!!!!
    I cant break it anymore than it already is!

Re: Update on Samsung PN58B650S1F turning on / off

bump
    I cant break it anymore than it already is!

Comment

Re: Update on Samsung PN58B650S1F turning on / off

I had a samsung PN58A55081F plasma set with the same issue. The power would come on for about 10 seconds, then click and it would lose power for a couple seconds, then fire back up again. I diagnosed it as a main board issue by shunting the PS_ON pin to the GND pin, forcing a power up. The tv fired up and stayed on. Now I just have to replace a couple ICs and it will be fixed.

Comment

Working...
      X