Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung pn58b860 Clicking

Hey guys,

I need some help repairing my Samsung pn58b860 58 inch plasma. When I plug the TV into a wall jack it automatically starts trying to turn on. A series of clicks occur but the TV can not start up. I looked at all the boards and all the capacitors seem to be in good shape. I also, disconnected the y sustain and then the x main, but got the same result. I'm fairly new to this site, so any help or ideas would be much appreciated . I attached a photo of the back panel so you guys can see the boards layout.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung pn58b860 Clicking

Do you have a DMM (digital multimeter)?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yes i do

Comment

OK, do you see the round fuse on the X-main board?
        Can you check the voltage on both ends with respect to the chassis of the TV?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This green one here?
          Attached Files

Comment

The white ceramic fuse, in the fuse holder.

Comment

I got a reading of 201v compared to the 203v written on the chassis
              Attached Files

Comment

That should be fine for a good picture.

Can you check in a dark room, see if the panel glows at all (could be very slight on a new plasma like this.)

Comment

Nope, theres no glow when plugging it in and pressing power on the tv set. When i plug it in and turn it on from stand by, the tv goes into a loop where it restarts and clicks every few seconds. Is it possible the main board is bad? the power supply should be good since its outputting the correct Vs to the X main, right?

Comment

Yep, PSU looks good, and the X/Y aren't shorted.

Post a close up shot of the control board -- it usually has a connection which can be made, which will put the plasma panel in diagnostic mode. This will tell you if the problem is on the plasma drive boards or main AV board.

Comment

Heres the pic of the control board
                      Attached Files

Comment

that looks a logic board to me, control board should have the input ports on it or near by.

Comment

Control board == Logic board.

CN2008 is the particular connector. I'm not sure which pin combo it is (it varies with models), but on someone else's Samsung it was 3-4. You need to place a jumper across those pins. The screen should light up with test patterns. Place the jumper across when the set is off (unplugged) and turn it on again. If that doesn't work, try pins 1-2, 1-3 and 2-3.

Comment

I tried every pin combo and nothing happened each time. I wasnt sure if the main av was suppose to be connected or not so i tried all the pin combos with and without the main connected. Just to be clear, when i jump the pins and then plug in the tv set, the plasma should automatically light up without me physically clicking the power button, correct?

Comment

Sorry, you would need to press the power button and the Vs would need to come up to 203V or close enough, do not change the jumper while the set is plugged in though. If you do not see anything the control board is either bad or the sustains/buffers are bad, although they usually fail short on a Samsung (meaning no Vs as it goes into protection mode) and the control board fails much more often. If you do see patterns, the main board is bad.
                              Last edited by tom66; 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Is the main board with all the input ports still attached when doing the test?

Comment

Yes, it should be all attached.

Comment

Still getting nothing. Is it safe to assume its either the control or main av board that's bad?

Comment

It would seem to point to the control board or the sustains/buffers being bad, and most likely the control board being bad, because it is a common failure point on Samsung plasmas of this generation. Just to check, do you have any voltage on both ends of fuse F2000, relative to the chassis of the TV? It's probably the 15V supply.

Comment

Fuse F2000 is the reddish/orange one in the middle correct? I got a reading of 3.16V one one end but 0V on the other.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X