Viero PDP42V18HA short on Z-SUS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viero PDP42V18HA short on Z-SUS?

I picked up this 42 plasma from a friend, it would power on, click a few times, power off then back on a second time and click a few times then goes off.

I found one of the ceramic fuses on the Zsus blown, replaced with same fuse but no change. I then unplugged the zsus from the power supply and now the tv will come on and show video on little more than half the tv but a little dim.

I assumed the zsus is bad so I pulled it and ran a few checks and both Vs inputs on the board are shorting out to ground. Pulled all capacitors then rechecked board with caps out and still have short.

I am thinking the ipm is probably toast, any one else have a suggestion, thanks?

Re: Viero PDP42V18HA short on Z-SUS?

I would agree with your conclusion. A dim picture means the Y-sustain is likely OK, the Z-sustain needs a repair.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Any advice on removing it? I've done all types of soldering but even hitting this one with 1100 degree heat gun won't loosen the solder. Also tried with iron at 400, 600, and 800 degrees and no luck.

Comment

I have never done it myself, sorry. It's very difficult to do. Some suggest sucking solder off each pin works, then preheating the board.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yea, that's what I have done before but I can't get the solder hot enough for some reason. I even tried adding some more to get it to come off but no luck. If I figure it out will post back.

Thanks.

Comment

My advice is to treat yourself to a Christmas gift and get yourself a Hakko 808 desoldering gun.

Comment

Yeah, I wish. The one I have is adjustable temp up to 900 and I have various different solder suckers as well. I just tried again with the heat gun and acutally melted a regulator on the other side of the board before losening the solder, oh well new board is only about $60.

Comment

Working...
              X