Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T240 Samsung, Wont turn on

Hi,

I had 3 dead monitor, fixed two the vp930b and the vx1932wm all thanks to this forum
    and now for this last one
    the Samsung T240
    few weeks ago i decided to shut down my pc but when i tried to turn back on several hours later, the monitor won't lit up,

I rule out the "2 seconds to blackness" since there's not even half a second letting me turning it on. only once a while when i tried to turn it on, the red led will lit up for less than half a second.

Nothing is showing on the screen, so i have no idea what's wrong with it
    after i did some googling and some youtubes videos
    i decided to pop it open

i studied a few thread saying
    it's either
    a) bad caps
    b) bad ccfls
    c) bad ccfl wiring (especially the return wiring)
    d) bad secondary windings on the inverter transformer

which in my case
    the first thing i see are the Bad yellow cap from sam young
    so my first option would be replacing all the caps
    problems, because some of the white glue or paste are on the way and how the caps was placed,
    i have no idea how to identify them

I know the Yellows are 1000uf 10v which i might replace it with 1000uf 16v or 25v

aside from that which caps should i be replacing, should i replace all? including the small one?

hopefully the problems only stay with the bad caps and nothing else

thanks in advance, help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: T240 Samsung, Wont turn on

Those yellow caps are almost certainly the problem.

This, this, this, or this should work. You'll need to measure the physical size of the old caps to see which will fit. Of course, you could use a different brand with the same specs if you wanted to.

Now, while likely only the bulged caps are bad (yet), it is a very good idea to replace every lytic cap on the board. If you can tell us the markings on the others, we can suggest replacements for those as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapie View Post
      Those yellow caps are almost certainly the problem.

This, this, this, or this should work. You'll need to measure the physical size of the old caps to see which will fit. Of course, you could use a different brand with the same specs if you wanted to.

Now, while likely only the bulged caps are bad (yet), it is a very good idea to replace every lytic cap on the board. If you can tell us the markings on the others, we can suggest replacements for those as well.
      the problem is the cap placement, i can't seems to be able to identify them but ill try my best

(from top left to bottom right in order)
      Twin black next to yellow are 820uf 25v

smaller black solo next to twin black is 330uf 10v

mini black with white paste allover it is 3.3 uf 50v

Yellow caps are 1000uf 10v

another small one near the heat sink(top) i have no idea but it's (41uf)?50v i have no idea, the white paste is covering it and the distortion of the plastic distorted it, so im not sure if its 41uf or 4.1uf
      what's the white paste for anyway? all monitor seems to have it.

twin blacks near the inverter are also 820uf 25v

do i need to replace the big cap(W7A) too? the info is blocked, i cant seems to find any text accept a half cropped 150uf or 750uf

should i pay any attention to the small white cyclinder shaped thing with both end wrap in metal? it is near the power in plug at the top right potion of the picture(refer to post 1)

nonetheless once i get all accurate caps spec i will replace them with either rubycon or panasonic
      Last edited by Pepper; 03-27-2013, 11:03 PM. Reason: edit for better refer

Comment

Hi - White cylinder is a fuse - test it meter on ohms 200.
        There is another green one at F301 just under the heatsink in your picture.
        Not many 41uf 50v caps about it will be 47uf 50v
        You do not need to change the BIG cap unless it is bulged or leaky.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          Hi - White cylinder is a fuse - test it meter on ohms 200.
          There is another green one at F301 just under the heatsink in your picture.
          Not many 41uf 50v caps about it will be 47uf 50v
          You do not need to change the BIG cap unless it is bulged or leaky.
          i'd just noticed my inverter transformer is tm-09175
          but a lot of other thread mentioning about TM-10160 instead.

when i look into it, some mentioned tm-09175 is not available anymore

Comment

Well first thing would be to test it. If you need help locating the secondary winding joints
            post a good clear pic of the back of the board
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Have a look at these two links shows the secondary and tells what ohms

http://www.lcdparts.net/TransformerD...ProductID=3699

http://www.lcdparts.net/TransformerD...ProductID=3696

Comment

Have a look at these two links shows the secondary and tells what ohms

http://www.lcdparts.net/TransformerD...ProductID=3699

http://www.lcdparts.net/TransformerD...ProductID=3696
                i am a newbie in this, so i dont have the meter, i dont know how to test em and i dont understand what's ohms D:
                , and
                i had already ordered the capacitors, hopefully it will arrive within 4 days
                and for the transformers, issit only available in ebay? most of the inverters are in china

i wonder, if the capacitor is 330uf 10v
                can i replace them with either 330uf 16v and 330uf 25v, right?
                the volts, does it affects anything, i know it's the limit of the volts and high volts is better but let say the original is 10v, i can replace it with a 50v?

Comment

Thank u for interest. You must to learn Basic electronic.you have to take hand on training from experience person. When u changing caps. don't forget to resolder to invertor with ballast cap.

Comment

Pepper - I am sorry but it will be impossible (and dangerous) for us to try and help you
                    as kikmalik says you need at least a basic knowledge and basic tools. Answers to all you are asking are within these forums and on the internet.

wonder, if the capacitor is 330uf 10v
                    can i replace them with either 330uf 16v and 330uf 25v, right? YES

he volts, does it affects anything, i know it's the limit of the volts and high volts is better but let say the original is 10v, i can replace it with a 50v?

IF nothing else was available and it would physically fit you could - it is usual to stick to 1 step above.

Comment

Originally posted by klkmalik View Post
                      Thank u for interest. You must to learn Basic electronic.you have to take hand on training from experience person. When u changing caps. don't forget to resolder to invertor with ballast cap.
                      Pepper - I am sorry but it will be impossible (and dangerous) for us to try and help you
                      as kikmalik says you need at least a basic knowledge and basic tools. Answers to all you are asking are within these forums and on the internet.

wonder, if the capacitor is 330uf 10v
                      can i replace them with either 330uf 16v and 330uf 25v, right? YES

he volts, does it affects anything, i know it's the limit of the volts and high volts is better but let say the original is 10v, i can replace it with a 50v?

IF nothing else was available and it would physically fit you could - it is usual to stick to 1 step above.
                      i am wholeheartedly agree with learning from experienced people but i have no one to teach me but the internet, ill try to search for answer and follow experience.
                      ill see what'll to do when the caps arrive and hope i wont need to replace the inverter transformer

P.s. what's a ballast cap? i tried googling but i dont quite understand wht it is

Comment

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
                        i am wholeheartedly agree with learning from experienced people but i have no one to teach me but the internet, ill try to search for answer and follow experience.
                        I started learning electronics 3 years ago and a lot of my knowledge came from PlainBill. Start by searching for his posts here and read them.
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

my monitor repairing has come to an end
                          i fixed the samsung t240 by replacing all the caps on the PSU
                          thank you guys so much

Comment

Working...
                          X