acer pew71 la-6582p usb not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer pew71 la-6582p usb not working

Please how is everyone doing? please i need this help acer pew71 la-6582p usb not working all the port are not working but i cant locate the IC for the Usb.......please any one with idea? thank You

Re: acer pew71 la-6582p usb not working

this MB
    Attached Files

Comment

hi
      measure if 5v is present at usbport

Comment

here is schematic
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1491759144

Comment

here is the schematics.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by borbooroski View Post
            Please how is everyone doing? please i need this help acer pew71 la-6582p usb not working all the port are not working but i cant locate the IC for the Usb.......please any one with idea? thank You
            Refer to page 29 of schematic-U13 is your USB IC.

Comment

Check 5v 0n usb port.
              If yes than check if ur card reader and web cam is working or not
              if not working than its pch faulty

Comment

@mcplslg123. That U13 is just for 5V supply. But that should be checked usually... I think in his case its most likely the PCH as stated by @ganeshcell; Page 17 shows the straps into it for all USB rails.

@borbooroski you should check L7 and D13 (they should be close to the port....) make sure they are still okay. Assuming you are getting 5V at the port. On the data lines you should get something like 3.3V.

BTW Semi off topic but this kinda shit made me wonder if it is possible to make use of the "unused" USB straps on the PCH....? First it would be hell trying to find them I guess as they maybe NC(not connected) anyways just thinking out loud....

EDIT: If you or the client are really desperate for USB support you could try and rewire the webcam / cardreader, or bluetooth..... Assuming they still work... They do sometimes other times the whole USB side of the PCH is faulty.(sad face)
                Last edited by MJ-meo-dmt; 11-13-2018, 12:44 AM.
                while alive { live(toFullest=true) }

Comment

Wowww Guys You all Thank You very much for at least replied my Quote @MJ-meo-dmt i change D13 but still same but if you can give me any diagram to wire to work the USb will be ok with that.......I am worried client is on my neck crying.

Comment

@borbooroski : Did you check the voltages on the D+ D- lines at the USB Port or before L7. While the laptop is Powered ON?

Before attempting to rewire stuff does the Bluetooth / Cardreader even work?

Comment

Yes please 4.8v

Comment

Okay you need to answer more clearly...

D+ / D- = 4.8v? That's way to much, you should then check the 3.3V supply to the PCH all instances of 3.3V and make sure they are correct.

4.8V at the USB? That's a bit low to be honest, usually 5.1V - 5.3V no load.

Yes? for the bluetooth and cardreader is working? or yes for the above?
                        You see what I mean it's hard to decipher what you mean.
                        Thanks

Comment

4.8V at the USB? Yes

Comment

Okay 4.8V isn't great to be honest again... Anyways you should follow the schematic and see what you need to rewire the D+/- lines...

But to be honest(again) I think you shouldn't try this. Because at the moment the client still has a working laptop, although no USB's which kinda suck... But yeah if you do it wrong you could damage the PCH. When we get a guide section in the forum I'll make a guide for this sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ-meo-dmt View Post
                              Okay 4.8V isn't great to be honest again... Anyways you should follow the schematic and see what you need to rewire the D+/- lines...

But to be honest(again) I think you shouldn't try this. Because at the moment the client still has a working laptop, although no USB's which kinda suck... But yeah if you do it wrong you could damage the PCH. When we get a guide section in the forum I'll make a guide for this sometime.
                              Ok Boss I thank You very much for your time

Comment

Working...
                              X