Sharp LC42D43U Loss of video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC42D43U Loss of video

Set comes on and works normally for about 30 seconds..Screen flickers slightly, then loss of video/backlight, audio keeps going. I can turn off and then back on and video/backlight returns for another 20-30 seconds, then goes off again. Power supply had areas that had obviously been hot. Replaced SMPS, really had no effect on symptoms.
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC42D43U Loss of video

I should note, I replaced smps as I actually had one from another set that I knew was good..now i have two that I know are good! I guess my next step is verifying that main board is continuously calling for backlight.

Comment

Replaced main board with spare from another set..same result. Could this be an inverter board issue? All fuses on inverter board check good.

Comment

My guess is that the problem is one of the inverter boards. It may be a bad connection, cold solder joint, bad caps, it may be a bad transformer... you'd hafta upload some pics of the inverter boards.

Comment

Yup, sounds like an inverter board trouble

Comment

Here is a pic of the master. The slaves are small narrow boards with no harness attached to either one other than the lamp leads..
            Attached Files

Comment

Resolder all the blue bypass caps and transformers. Measure with your DMM the resistance of the output winding and compare it to the others (take a paper and make a list). When you compare the transformers, they can't be more than 3% difference in the resistance readings. You have to do that on the Master and on the Slave boards.

Comment

Thanks CapLeaker..I will do so and post results.

Comment

I replaced the main inverter board and now I do not lose backlight...now I get no reaction to any remote..ordered IR board for $7...scads of them on the internet...means they fail alot. Pictures are fantastic on this set.

Thanks

Comment

Good to hear that you got your set going, albeit now you have a different issue. So what was bad on the original Master inverter anyway? Was one of the transformers secondary off value?

Comment

Two of the transformers showed signs of excessive heat on the back side of the board.

Comment

I figured. Very common problem on these LCD's.

Comment

Now replaced IR sensor board and have a fully functional set!

Thanks to ALL!

LJ

Comment

thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                            X