memory test fail -bad capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: memory test fail -bad capacitor

How to flash bios on this motherboard i checked manufacture website ..ther is no information about bios flash.. Then i googled i found the exact file .but i dont know how to flash it. Please help me. The motherboard is compaq bd-70g. And flash file is bd70g_ar.bin

Comment

Originally posted by srt1 View Post
      How to flash bios on this motherboard i checked manufacture website ..ther is no information about bios flash.. Then i googled i found the exact file .but i dont know how to flash it. Please help me. The motherboard is compaq bd-70g. And flash file is bd70g_ar.bin
      Please understand that if this is the first time that you have ever tried to update a bios-rom chip by using a dos flash utility that it is risky on your behalf. If you do not feel comfortable with doing that, first try to find someone who knows how. That said, you could brick the motherboard if not done right. Also do you know for certain that the bios file is for that board? Abit may have made more than one version of tha model of board, for instance a retail version and a OEM version, which you have, Compaq.

Comment

I strongly suggest that you first acquire at least one stick of memory of PC2100 speed or lower DDR low density unbuffered that is proven to be working in order rule out a memory incompatabilty issue. Test both slots.

Comment

i got two stick of 128mb ram- ddr333 (pc2600). i tested on this motheerbord its perfectly working,no errors. but stil have continous beep sound in very low volume. i am using add on speaker,also it not affecting normal operation. so i think just remove the speaker. or need to flash bios with same exciting version?.or this beep sound due to memory incompatability?
          Last edited by srt1; 08-21-2013, 12:38 AM.

Comment

i got two stick of 128mb ram- ddr333 (pc2600). i tested on this motheerbord its perfectly working,no errors. but stil have continous beep sound in very low volume. i am using add on speaker,also it not affecting normal operation. so i think just remove the speaker. or need to flash bios with same exciting version?.or this beep sound due to memory incompatability?
            What Compaq model is that motherboard from? I need to know the model in order to get more info from Compaq/ HP support website.

If the motherboard has a built in speaker use that and disconnect any other speaker.

Comment

Since you say it is working fine with 333Mhz memory modules I would leave it alone and not flash the bios rom chip. If it is not broken do not fix it.

Comment

I buy this motherboard from loacal store. its second hand. So i dont know wat model but ithink its Evo d380mx bd-70g. On the motherboard its written compaq bd-70g. Also i found another problem on this board sometimes its not power on.when i touch on the crytal lead near south bridge its start posting. I am using post debug card also so i can see its start posting.what could be the reason for it? Also i noted its crytal not grounded.(grounding is not removed beacuse ther is no sign of soldering).

Comment

Plug a monitor into the vga port to see if the beeping tones stop. Also need to see if any error codes are displayed.

Comment

Here the image
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am using monitor also .. Stile have beep sound while windows loading .. Also Its not stoping.also no error codes. As i said before its not affecting in operation windows loading smmothly and application also working

Comment

I buy this motherboard from loacal store. its second hand. So i dont know wat model but ithink its Evo d380mx bd-70g. On the motherboard its written compaq bd-70g. Also i found another problem on this board sometimes its not power on.when i touch on the crytal lead near south bridge its start posting. I am using post debug card also so i can see its start posting.what could be the reason for it? Also i noted its crytal not grounded.(grounding is not removed beacuse ther is no sign of soldering).
                        The crystal does not need to be grounded in most cases. The small wire is used to keep the crystal from being pulled up.

Comment

The beep could mean that the cpu may be detected as too hot. May need to check the heatsink for proper seating also make sure that cpu fan is spinning and is being detected in rpm speed monitor.

Comment

Also remove the dbug card from the first pci slot and insert it into the last pci slot. Sometimes dbug cards do not behave right in OEM motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
                              The beep could mean that the cpu may be detected as too hot. May need to check the heatsink for proper seating also make sure that cpu fan is spinning and is being detected in rpm speed monitor.
                              Yes i checked in bios pc health status . Cpu temp is normal 41c and also cpu fan showing its speed. I found another two fans rpm but is 0 reading . One front fan and another is chasis fan.i take a fan and conected to chsis fan conector.surprisingly beep sound stop. tahnk you..

Comment

Thats great good job. You could see if you have the options in bios setup to turn off fan speed monitoring for each fan port.

Comment

problem was chasis fan disconnected

Comment

problem was chasis fan disconnected
                                    Glad you fixed it. Even tho we are half a World apart good communication goes a long way. If nothing else is wrong I am going to bed now.

Comment

Thats great good job. You could see if you have the options in bios setup to turn off fan speed monitoring for each fan port.
                                      There is no option in bios to disable it.. But its ok beacuse problem solved na.so i guess bios is not correpted.

Comment

Glad you fixed it. Even tho we are half a World apart good communication goes a long way. If nothing else is wrong I am going to bed now.
                                        Thanks alot for your support.....

Comment

There is no option in bios to disable it.. But its ok beacuse problem solved na.so i guess bios is not correpted.
                                          Yes that is good. No need to update bios unless you really want to. That is up to you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X