Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSI K8T Master2-FAR7 (MS9617) multiple problems

Originally posted by Hadakajime View Post
    It shows up as blank or as unrecognisable chars in the BIOS device list (possible BIOS bug?)
    Sounds like a bad ATA cable.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Re: MSI Master2-FAR7 (MS9617) multiple problems

Is this a single VRM for both CPU-s (all FPCAP in parallel) ?
      No anwswer ?

Comment

Your "hard crash" for board #2 sounds like a power cut, because of PSU going into protection mode or just a shitty PSU. Or a core overheat.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Originally posted by tmiha71 View Post
          No anwswer ?
          Sorry, i dont know how to test for this. I thought the photos may help.

If it was just the psu going into protection mode then why would I have to clear the bios before it can turn on again. Power cycling did not help.

Also i have replaced this board with a second hand AM3 board and will be selling my 940/AGP parts next month.

Thanks for the help. Happy new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadakajime View Post
            Sorry, i dont know how to test for this. I thought the photos may help.

If it was just the psu going into protection mode then why would I have to clear the bios before it can turn on again. Power cycling did not help.
            It sounds like multiple symptoms, where the CMOS is also corrupted.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

If you decide to experiment with board, one suggestion (what would I do if board is mine, and if I do not need money from sell)...

I would choose to pull out 4 to 6 yellow caps (FPCAP) behind (closest, and in the middle of group) to inductors of CPU-vrm out, and put something like Nichicon L8 820uF in dimensions 8x8 mm... (Only if it's single CPU-vrm... all yellow caps in parallel = single CPU-vrm)...

To do this successfully good soldering skill is needed, and if it does not work at first, would try again - pull (newly installed) caps out, and solder them again...

If problems are still present (after three or more repeats), would go one (or two) size up with capacitance...

Thanks for New Year, best wishes to You too...

If you decide to go experimental way, search through forum, there's some nice posts how to solder...

Comment

Working...
              X