Samsung LN32B360C5DXZA No display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN32B360C5DXZA No display?

I recently acquired this tv and it doesnt post a display. It has sound and volume and channel controls all work just doesnt display. The backlight is on and does flicker while changing channels and source but its just a dim white blank screen. Inside are three boards a power supply/inverter board, a main board BN41-01181A printed on board then on sticker is BN96-11410A with all the inputs rca/ hdmi/ vga/ also on this board goes to the speakers. then through a ribbon cable the final board is a 320ap03c2lv0.1 LCD controller tcon board. I can take pictures of any board needed just need some advice where to begin to look with no display symptom on this link http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/...ure-shows.html it looks like case 14 fuse open, abnormal power section

Re: Samsung LN32B360C5DXZA No display?

anyone? any idea where to start? or test?

Comment

Normally, this is where PlainBill or I ask for clear focused pictures using the manage attachments function. Please do not post inline.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
        Normally, this is where PlainBill or I ask for clear focused pictures using the manage attachments function. Please do not post inline.
        Agreed. However he's asked to have his account deleted. There has to be a reason.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

i thought id never have use for this forum again is why I wanted it deleted? which board would you need pictures of?

Comment

ok after reading through the troubleshooting guide I came to the conclusion that its not getting signal to the panel itself. and I found it! I am having trouble uploading the picture to this site but on the bottom of the lcd panel there is a small skinny board with a ribbon cable from the tcon and then two tiny ribbon cables soldered? to the board that feed directly into the lcd panel. the ribbon cable from the tcon to this board was all corroded and small piece burnt? I am going to tempt in cleaning up the grooves but the ribbon cable looks done hopefully the connecter could still be good the board does look fine I do have good pictures but cannot upload them and will try later but now is this fixable? I dont think I could replace this board because it has very fine ribbon cable soldered to it?

Comment

the limit for .jpg pictures is 2000x2000 pixels and 3.81MB

you can resize them with your favorite picture editor.
              i mostly use irfanview for simple stuff like this..

Comment

here are the pictures
                Attached Files

Comment

ouch... looks like somehow water got on/in there and shorted stuff out

Comment

Yes, junked. Liquid got in.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

nothing could be done? i cleaned it up pretty good with a toothbrush not sure if i could use some kind of cleaner its just this one connecter all others are like new maybe somthing splashed it?

Comment

Working...
                      X