• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

may be wrote bad as my first message sorry for this

Comment

Howdy, Electrical Engineer working for Natioanl grid chiming in. Trying to turn my hand into electronics. And a little bit of repair

Comment

Hi all. I'm just a software guy that's occasionally interested in trying DIY hardware repair. Thought I'd enjoy reading these forums.

Comment

Hi,

I live in Northern California. I attended UC Berkeley, studying AI and computer graphics. I worked in IT systems and software for a number of years, but now work in professional services.

I still dabble in electronics, with the most recent major project being a K-502 tube amp kit. I repair small electronics for myself and friends, and also maintain a ham radio license.

Comment

Hello all,New here but not new to working on electronics,been just a hobby of mine for years and work on it all,but not a pro as i still learn something new everyday it seems..Thanks for having me aboard..Dave

Comment

Hi Everybody

This is the first time I have joined a Forum. I am an Electronics engineer mostly giving network related services to my customers. Of late we are having a number of hardware related breakdowns with my customers and I am thinking of providing some repair related services to my customers. My field of interest is switches/routers/smps/APs etc.

I hope I will get some help from you guys and I also hope that I will also be able to contribute to problems that others are facing.

Comment

Hello sir i am asharaf doing laptop repair specially related to hardware often i badly need drivers and bios for certen model of lap top hope your kind assistance helps me alot
                thanks

Comment

Hey guys .... am new here. Willing to contribute and learn

Thanks

Comment

Hello all,

This looks like an interesting site! Being new here, I need to introduce myself. I like building
                    and repairing electronic equipment and have been a radio ham for over 50 years, holding an
                    extra class license. Recently I repaired a Kenwood ts-440SAT with bad encoder and antenna
                    tuner. Also I repaired several Simpson 260 meters and a Triplett VOM too. Presently, I have
                    apart an RCA flat screen TV with apparent power supply problems so am educating myself
                    on switching power supplies. Also I have been experimenting with QRP and have made a
                    4 watt rig from scratch with FET VFO and varactor tuning and power amplifier, essentially a
                    solid state MOPA transmitter. Hopefully I can be of some value to everyone on this site and
                    expect I can learn a lot in the process.
                    Last edited by BurtL; 12-01-2015, 08:24 AM. Reason: print not centered properly.

Comment

i have dell e5420 its missing a disply some time please give me some hint

Comment

Hi everyone, Been a lurking member for a while when trying to figure out why a whole rash of monitors, at the office, began to die around the same time.

My dad was an IBM'er my whole childhood and I watched him work with soldering irons, etching circuit boards, and many different computers. I expect that was the beginning of my electronics fascination.

My early experience with computers started in the 70's with IBM 5100's my dad would lug home. After he relocated to Boca Raton, FL to work on the IBM PC 5150 rollout, we had one in the home full time and I've been playing with them ever since.

Never one to shy away from a challenge (and save a few bucks) I have no problem taking a screwdriver to faulty electronics (man, that used to get me in trouble as a kid...).

One thing I've noticed about this site is the breadth of knowledge available from its members. Any time I search for electronics repair help on the internets there will be a relevant thread from badcaps.

Comment

Name is David Hughes, just an old obsolete EE with a busted plasma and a great thread on this site to help me fix it (thanks tv2005!). I can offer this much... If you get away to the USVI and St Croix, look me up and get a local intro to a great island!

Comment

When I was at uni I learnt to write programs in Fortran - with punched cards and a 24 hour wait to get the results!

So that ages me and I'm a newbie with TV/Video issues - but I am former eletronics tech in digital and audio so I (still) have a few clues!

Comment

hi folks,
                              yes, another newbie joins the ranks.
                              a tale of woe? of course. I have 2 shuttle xpcs; one is alive and well, the other alas is dead. I did the shuttle 'paper clip' test, and the pwr supply is good [of course, I did this test AFTER buying a brand new pwr supply that didn't fix the problem]
                              anyway, way back when in grad school I fixed broken things, but that's when I had schematics.

for this shuttle, I am at a loss to where to go next.
                              I found badcaps by accident; a good accident.

hope I can learn some things
                              and tanks for the great site.

rny1bdcp [ron]

Comment

Howdy - Kris here from Louisiana (currently). I'm a "fixer." I'm getting ready to try my first component repair...oven control module failed and I found a thread on this forum wherein someone had found that capacitors were to blame. Here goes nothing...

Comment

Hi, I am new to this board but no component level repair. My first job out of tech school was with Panasonic. Just looking for a little help on a Samsung Tv today.

Comment

Just a DIY guy tired of throwing away good stuff because it needs a relatively minor repair.

Comment

Hello, I've done capacitor replacement on a LCD TV that got me interested in learning more about electronics repair. Picked up a free 47" Insignia LCD that has no picture I will be researching how to repair here.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here, just wanted to say hello! I have interest in servicing vintage high end audio gear. Just trying to find the best caps i can.
                                        Jim

Comment

Hello, I've been fixing and using computers since the mid 1950's. Started as a line tech on vacuum tube mainframes and fixing b/w tvs. Stayed with computers til I retired 10 yrs ago. Found this site while looking to fix a badcap tv. Great to discover a site that gets down to the component level.

Comment

Working...
                                          X