Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pioneer pdp-lx5080d 3 flashes power board led.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer pdp-lx5080d 3 flashes power board led.

Ok so i have picked up this set.

The service manual seems excellent for this tv i think ive narrowed the fault down to the xsus. Vsus is shorted to sus gnd. If i disconnect the xsus block the set powers up and i get a steady blue led on the front and 207v on the vsus plug. The manual says check q1218 to q1224 and also q1226.

My question is how do i check them or is it likely to have caused other problems too.

Will i need to remove them from the board to check or can i check them in situ. Cheers for the help.

Re: Pioneer pdp-lx5080d 3 flashes power board led.

Normally just the fets on Pioneers they are deigned well so that nothing else blows when the fets go.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Here is some photos of the board i took a close up where i can see a little heat damage. It is between q1226 and q1220 on the legs between c1104 and c1105
      Attached Files

Comment

Does it look like this track is starting to fail? Its under q1218 would it be a good idea to solder a link into something else to bypass that track? Cheers.

Comment

Forgot the photo here it is.
          Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone help with what mosfets i should buy to replace the originals? They are fkp300a mosfets the spec is here.
            Type Designator: FKP300A

Type of FKP300A transistor: MOSFET

Type of control channel: N -Channel

Maximum power dissipation (Pd), W: 85

Maximum drain-source voltage |Uds|, V: 300

Maximum gate-source voltage |Ugs|, V: 30

Maximum drain current |Id|, A: 30

Maximum junction temperature (Tj), °C: 150

Rise Time of FKP300A transistor (tr), nS: 60

Drain-source Capacitance (Cd), pF: 540

Maximum drain-source on-state resistance (Rds), Ohm: 0.065

Package: TO3PF(FM100)

Would these be ok? Or can anuone suggest a better alternative. Thanks. STW75NF30.

Comment

Ok so i got it all sorted. One completly shorted mosfet one with a source to drain short and one had strange readings. I replaced them i found someone on Amazon selling the correct type after reading plenty of threads on here it seemed that mosfets should always be changed like for like.

I didnt have and stand for it and i wasnt too keen on paying 150 quid for one since the tv owes me 56 quid as it stands. I decided to modify a old phillips one as it is only for my own use. I think its worked out quite nice.
              Attached Files

Comment

Whooo awesome work thanks for the update. Also like the phillips stand mod thats also some good work as well. These are good Tv's keep it while you can
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
                X