Sansui SLED4280

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sansui SLED4280

I'm kind of new to tv troubleshooting. I fixed a few but I have a sansui 42” LED tv in which the backlight shuts down whenever the backlight is any higher than 2 on the settings. This tv has a separate LED driver and inverter board. All the caps on the driver board are not bulged. I also think I read somewhere that bad led's could be the culprit but all seem to light up normal judging by the screen's appearance. Thanks in advance to anyone that may have some troubleshooting tips for me.
    Last edited by macsnjets; 02-02-2019, 05:15 PM. Reason: Title update

Re: Sansui SLED4280

it's bad led(s) in the back light. They can fail like that.

Comment

Is there anyway to isolate which strip? There are four leads which head to the strips. If I were to take one off at a time and turn the backlight intensity back up would that work or is there a better way to isolate the bad led or leds? Would a visual check indicate the bad led if I open up the panel?
      Thanks

Comment

Measure the voltages on each LED string until it fails. Unfortunately it is a bit hard to figure out what LED failed, since it is working fine until it gets warm. Then you know in what string the bad LED is. Then you'd have to test either each LED or a LED strip individually with a variable CV CC lab power supply.

Comment

Working...
        X