• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LCD Problem (Obvious in Pictures)

Which is the "Local Dimming board"?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post

This is the problem now... is it a cut?? It's a burnt trace?
      X2 unless it is "marking pen".

Comment

Originally posted by metalbird44 View Post
        Which is the "Local Dimming board"?
        Your problem is not a local dimming problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post

This is the problem now... is it a cut?? It's a burnt trace?
          I tore it accidentally while plugging/unplugging the ribbons for diagnosis, however, the problem existed before it was torn and hasn't seemed to be affected by it. I'm happy to replace it if it's not too expensive, I think someone said it was a 64 channel ribbon?

Comment

hopefully, you are "working" the cable connectors / clamps correctly. The clamp has to be lifted so that the ribbon can be easily removed.

Your latest screen shot appears to show a bit of horizontal lines in the right lower half of the screen.... although it could be the "boundry" between the upper and lower side edge boards since the two aren't totally "half"... one has three tabs while the other has two. However, this usually points to problem with the side tab driver in that area. Depending on what the "root" of the issue is, this will cause the display problems that you are seeing. Not really a big deal in terms of a "save" as many many sets in this forum have been saved from this type of issue. The set will operate OK in general without much "visual degradation" assuming you don't have "golden eyes".
            Last edited by budwich; 12-29-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

If this is the fact then i agree with the possibility that it is a backlight problem, but i rely on what Diah says about the presence of local dimming. Post a picture of the entire back of the tv, but i have seen those scuff marks on the tcon, plus the flat cable, plus your child's hands... ehm ehm.. i don't know if this is a work for you! Needed an expert's cure. The only thing i want to suggest you that if it is present the local dimming board, then unplug, clean and re-plug all the cables that comes to it..
              Last edited by Davi.p; 12-30-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

"plus your child's hands... ehm ehm.. " ???????????????? Must be some GREAT meds.

Comment

lol... :-)

its not a dimming problem. Dimming is not going to cause the "color shifts" that are in the display.

Comment

Wrong word sorry, my English is very basic, i wanted to say Kid's hands..

Comment

I still think the issue is not with the LCD panel but the LED backlighting
                      The only way you are going to be sure is to remove the panel and get access to the LED array . Then turn on the TV and see how the leds perform , i suspect that you have Faulty leds or the local dimming is faulty on one or more of the arrays
                      Also if you can get another power supply just to check
                      Also i have one of these with almost the same issue except mine has the dark area in a cone shape as per yours but on the lower left of the panel
                      This is why i suspect the LED array
                      Last edited by chrismurphy; 01-01-2019, 04:27 AM.

Comment

He can first try to run the tv with the tcon disconnected from the panel, he could see a white panel, or if not connect output bands one at a time so he can watch at the white side if it is uniform.

Comment

OP any news on this error , i have the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by chrismurphy View Post
                            OP any news on this error , i have the same problem
                            I completely removed the tabs from the bad side, but there was still a dark area in the middle of the screen, so it remained unusable.

Comment

tv's must be studied in deep also outside the forums, before doing suggestions.. datasheets, manuals and so on.. this is a totally fail..

Comment

Originally posted by metalbird44 View Post
                                I completely removed the tabs from the bad side, but there was still a dark area in the middle of the screen, so it remained unusable.
                                what "tabs" are you referring to... maybe provide a picture... as in some of your previous posts you were referring to "tabs" that are not actually tabs. Tabs are dark colored flat ribbons that run from the edge board to the panel and are bonded to the panel.

Comment

"Tab" is a generic term not a technical one, if someone call it tab he can refer it as a horizontal side tab or vertical side tab, so don't play with words, technical terms are source driver fpc and gate driver fpc.. for example.. for friends : top/bottom tabs, side tabs..
                                  Last edited by Davi.p; 02-04-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X