PN59d6500df possibly not ic1302

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN59d6500df possibly not ic1302

I got one of thesento work on for chirstmas. The tv turns on for a second showing the top left input hdmi/ dvi. The main boar responds to on and off and the light blinks but nothing changes on picture. I tested all votages to be good and steady. The y main board emmits loud buzzing that goes away when pic dose. Y buffers i think test fine no shorts.
    When i short pson to gnd and test pattern pins i get no pattern and tv still cycles with no pic at all when with main i get input. All votages test good on psu. Im. Guessing x, y main or logic board.
    Last edited by bman4; 11-30-2018, 10:15 PM.

Re: PN59d6500df possibly not ic1302

Freeze ic1302 to confirm it is not the issue.

If freezing it fixes the problem, then it confirms it is the issue. (Most likely is)

Comment

It should not continue if pson is to gnd with test patterns. unless it tricks logic board or something else to imulate the crouption. Anyone on here have a dump of this nand?
      I also notice arcin on the top right screw of y main. Gonna start testin in the am long day!
      Last edited by bman4; 12-01-2018, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I have a D550, basically the same TV as yours. I found VS on that board shorted to ground and found all the IGBT's in that section shorted.

Try unplugging both the X and Y mains from the power board and each other, then on each board's connector look for the pins marked VS.

Place your meter on diode test mode then the red probe to each VS pin and black to chassis ground. Does the reading indicate a short on VS?

As far as I am concerned loose screws on the boards (which can cause arcing grounds) and dust are the number one killers of plasma TV boards.

Check these and report back.
        They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

I tested y main no sorts on vs and.others . gonna check x main tommrow whem imget time.

Comment

Tested x main pin no shorts to ground.ill have to get freeze spray an report back asap. Y main buzzes but xmain dose not .i cleaned conectors and y main buz starts to quite down for a sec then back up then off.
            Last edited by bman4; 12-02-2018, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I wonder if anything to do with bottom boards. should try just upper y buffer. The problem persists after pson ishorted to gnd so i dont think main!

Comment

The input shows at top corner but looks black and grey. I got it from a older lady and hope there is no liquid damage to the bottom tabs . how would i test these boards and whats the name of the bottom buffers?

Comment

I had (well....still have) a Sammy PN50B650. Mine had the "click of death".I was able to generate test patterns off the logic control board and by that confirmed a bad main board.

Unless my understanding is wrong, the inability to generate test patterns off the logic board indicates it may be bad? Your description of it coming on with a picture that disappears seems like a bad connection, the logic board is putting the TV in protection mode for a fault or maybe the logic control board is bad?

Isn't there a fault line that goes high voltage when protection mode is active? I'll be darned if I can tell you how to check.

Did you check toms-service-manuals for a service manual on that TV? They didn't have one for mine.

Comment

I hope its just a bad logic board, i wana order one now ! the tv was from a smoker so dirty connections evrywhere.about to get back into it after a much needed break. I take the rest of the frame off to i spect tabs. I dont know if it holding the panel in, i did this with a panasonic once . the fuse on bottom buffers test good!
                    Last edited by bman4; 12-03-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Decided to isolate buffers with main connected and still got boot loop. Disconnected main and it stayed on. Dose this indicate bad buffer. the buffer have no shorts so is this a bad panel ? i tested all the pins no shorts.
                      Last edited by bman4; 12-04-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Put buffers in without panel connected and it it stays on . im leaning towards panel. Connected panel and the tv stays on witout reeboot but panel prime goes out and y main stops buzzing . voltages are stable. possibly xmain y main, panel.
                        All solder points look good on y and xmain next is to inspect power supply but voltages are stable but did not test 15v on ymain . I disconnected x main and logic board detected. I tested capacitance to be good on the y man but dont feel like taking them off for esr. Maybe if i know the panel is good id repair them as backups. I did not see any crack in panel but i hear these 2011 d models like to leak out the edges. If i take the frame off will the pannel fall out? These panel connectors are flaky and look like solder poins could easily fail so maybe ill reflow those. Im really thinking of ordering x and y mains but dont feel like throwing money away. I think its safe to say they wont damage one or another since they are not shorted? The 5 psu. Caps read 386. The one at bottom is 50v 680uf reading 718 bottom right middle 35v 1000uf reads 870 uf ! I would upload pictures but dont remeber how .
                        Last edited by bman4; 12-05-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Most of the caps actually teted above there uf with multimeter. I was able to test the green 275v 150 uf on ymain but now my meter wont read them so im letting my batteries charge. The 35v 1000uf is now reading ol, it's the one circled in red. I just rembered how to upload pics!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bman4; 12-05-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

My meeter capacitance seems to have stop functioning. Today i.noticed The whole panel is primed because a improper connection on y buffers.in guessing the.gas didnt leak.out and the panel may be good. Another guess would possibly be other faults with the Panel electrodes. Might just bite the bullet and order logic y,x. Still have to get freez spary.

Comment

It shows input in black n white and panel primes so going with logic board first since no test patterns . its either logic or.possibly bottom buffers . it should show more of the picture but the signals must not be reaching the bottom buffers. Wow this logic board is a pain to get out! I get 55v to bottom buffers so y main is soing it job .maybe the y buffers electrodes are shorted to bottom buffer!
                              Last edited by bman4; 12-06-2018, 12:27 AM.

Comment

The loud buzzing is comeing from the transformer on ymain circled in the pic. I taped on it and i think it went away.more of a arcing noise and not buzzing
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by bman4; 12-06-2018, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Did you check the solder joints on that Xformer? I wouldn't run it if those solder joints are bad, that could burn the board up.

This the exact same y-main that's in my D550. It's on the fritz too.

Comment

No cigar,Got the new ymain and the transformers still makes arcing noise. I think it dosent reeboot anymore with main board isolated .with main isolated dose make the arcing while the panel primes then the sound goes away with the prime. still havent got freeze spray. It between panel , bottom buffers , logic, xmain. I feel some buffer ics getting warmer than other so im gonna try just top or bottom. Removed bottom y buffer arcing noise is more quiet. Im starting to lean towards logic board, bottom buffers then panel. The 2011 d series panels are garbage and just about to throw it out.
                                    Last edited by bman4; 12-14-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Left side facing from pannel z drivers tabs and connections look clean . the right side how ever shows signs of soot,Burning, heat! Panel has no cracks or water damage
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by bman4; 12-15-2018, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Disconnected midde z.buffer and seen blue sprkly line .might be the logic board since there is no patterns. Gonna buy freeze spray tommrow and freeze all the nand chips on main and logic.
                                        Last edited by bman4; 12-15-2018, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X