Panasonic TH50PX60U 10 blinks does not power on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH50PX60U 10 blinks does not power on

So I've got this tv that stopped working a couple years ago, finally getting around to seeing if it can be fixed. When it broke down it started by randomly turning off and then one time never turned back on.

When I plug it in I hear two quick clicks, a very slight pause and then another click. The red led repeatedly blinks 10 times, no fans come on.

I've taken a couple basic electronic courses but this is my first attempt at a repair. I've found a couple flow charts that I'll try to work through but any advice or recommendations would be helpful. I only have a multi meter so I'm not sure how much I can troubleshoot.

I suppose even if it can be just narrowed down to a specific board I'd be willing to take the ~$50 gamble on replacing it.

The P board (the 3 large capacitors at the top right are very slightly bowed)

The PA board

The H board

The SS board

The SC board

Thanks
    Last edited by GabrielM; 12-18-2016, 12:34 PM.

Re: Panasonic TH50PX60U 10 blinks does not power on

Cool that you kept this tv for all those years!

10 blinks is usually the power supply , this power supply looks like it has the FETS on the bottom of the board?
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Does this have the 2 little print boards that stand up on the power supply> MC301 and MC201?
      If it does,take a can of air(pc duster can or alike),hold it upside down and spray some of the freon onto those two boards,so it freezes,then try to turn on the tv
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
        does this have the 2 little print boards that stand up on the power supply> mc301 and mc201?
        If it does,take a can of air(pc duster can or alike),hold it upside down and spray some of the freon onto those two boards,so it freezes,then try to turn on the tv
        +1
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
          Does this have the 2 little print boards that stand up on the power supply> MC301 and MC201?
          Like these?

MC301

MC201 (bottom)

I'll have to pick up a can. Should the grey paste be removed first?

Comment

Bottom picture, bottom daughter card, spray the chip on the right side that is oriented up and down, also the small brown cap that is just to the left of that chip towards the top of the board.

Comment

in this video you will see the capacitors that need to be removed/replaced some people just remove the capacitor and the set works fine i dont think many people change the ics i never have had too.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpGKaBt8hg

Comment

+1
                I just change the cap, never found a bad IC chip(4 of these so far).

Comment

Okay so I tried the freeze test on MC201, and MC301. Nothing happened unfortunately. Where to go from here?

Comment

I would try replacing the two capacitors with these.

You can mount them with some small wire to the pads and zip tie them to something out of the way.
                    Attached Files

Comment

So its been I a while but I have some free time to take a look at this tv again. I'll be honest I'm overwhelmed by how complicated these tv's are and don't really have the experience to go testing stuff.

The last thing I tried was the freeze test on MC201 and MC301, which was unsuccessful.

I found a P board on ebay and was considering just trying replacing it.

Does anyone have any input or recommendations?

Comment

Bump...

Getting close to wanting to throw this thing out. Anyone else care to offer some input?

Thanks

Comment

Bump...

Any other input?

Comment

In the video they show the caps that go bad. You can just remove them and try to turn it on. Maybe check the fans?

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                              In the video they show the caps that go bad. You can just remove them and try to turn it on. Maybe check the fans?
                              Thanks. I removed them but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I also found 0V at pin 1 of p10 of the P board (supposed to be 14V). The flow chart suggests that the P board is at fault.

I've found a site that sells these parts fairly cheap so I'm probably going to just order a few boards since they do free shipping once you spend $75.

From what I understand its most likely the P board, but I am also going the order the PA board, D board, DT board, DG board, and H board.

However I've heard that the SS and SC boards sometimes also trigger a 10 blink, these are more expensive. Is there a way to confirm that these are okay?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X