Acer Aspire ES1-521 No power no lights on battery or adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire ES1-521 No power no lights on battery or adaptor

I have an Acer Aspire ES1-521 laptop that has no power from either the battery or the ac adaptor and no power lights on the computer? I checked the ac adaptor which is working fine. tried another with the same voltage and amperage. I opened up the computer and removed the Ram, Hard Drive and added thermal grease to the heat sink. the voltage to the board on the power connector is 19v. I disconnected the battery held the power button for 30 seconds nothing worked. This mother board has the cpu soldered to the board. Even though I have 19 v to the board I have no idea where it goes from there or where it is suppose to go. Can someone tell me the probable causes. There is a lot of talk in here on Bios corruption could this be a cause or is it most likely a dead mother board? Any help greatly appreciated

Re: Acer Aspire ES1-521 No power no lights on battery or adaptor

Check 3v and 5v ALW present or not??

Comment

as first u must check if there is 19V after second mosfet on DC line. if not than u must check charger ic like BQ

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
        Check 3v and 5v ALW present or not??
        I understand that if the 3v standby voltage was present the power light should be present on the computer with the AC plugged in?? There are no lights present? The ac adaptor do work
        Last edited by davg; 03-25-2019, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
          as first u must check if there is 19V after second mosfet on DC line. if not than u must check charger ic like BQ
          Thanks for the reply I don't have a schematic for the board so not sure where to find these components but will give it a try. I trust that your indication is that the charger ic is labeled BQ??

Comment

Ok I have narrowed the problem down to the video connector? or the lcd itself. It is now working on an external monitor but as soon as I plug in the on board video connector it shuts down??
            Last edited by davg; 03-25-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Bad cable or bad panel shorting backlight rail to ground maybe
              OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                Bad cable or bad panel shorting backlight rail to ground maybe
                I am suspecting a bad cable. I disconnected the panel from the cable and I am getting the result. the connector to the panel had a fair bet of corrosion that I cleaned away but I think the corrosion may have caused overheating and shorted?? I have ordered a new cable off eBay and we will see what happens.

Comment

As I suspected It was the video cable. New video cable $13.00 off eBay. Computer is working fine

Comment

Working...
                  X